Scroller Theme

sprengher / 2010-09-14 15:57:02   

Hi lemathieu,
have a slight problem with the scroller: if the menue starts to be longer then the browser's window, or if you decide for waterer reasons to make the window smaller, the bottom of the menue is not reachable: any ideas?

here is my site

thanks

sografik / 2010-10-19 15:36:20   

Bonjour lemathieu,
J'aimerai savoir si tu as la solution à mon problème…
voilà…
j'ai fait mon site avec le exhibit.horizontal.php et en fait, j'aimerai faire defiler les photos horizontalement mais juste en cliquant dessus et à la fin des photos pouvoir revenir au debut en un clique…

Peux tu m'aider ?
merci

lemathieu A / 2010-10-19 16:01:45   

Bonjour,
Avant tout, les règles du forum : on garde un sujet sur un problème, on commence un nouveau sujet si on a une nouvelle chose à demander (et on cherche un peu avant) et on donne l'adresse de son site.
Commence un nouveau sujet, on en reparle…

sografik / 2010-10-20 13:35:44   

bonjour…
désolé… c'est mon premier post…
je commence un nouveau sujet

ottebya / 2010-12-11 17:19:15   

i think ive bitten more than i can chew with this theme. ive gotten the install perfect but im trying to:

1- remove the mouseover scroll effect
2- remove the section title next to each project
3- get my logo back on the left nav/menu column

i know very basic css and html/javascript so im overwhelemed with all the coding. does anyone know what files should i be editing and what lines of code?

site is bookofT

thanks so much

ottebya / 2010-12-11 18:57:36   

update:

got the logo back in position on left side with the rest of the nav bar

so that only leaves problem #1 & #2

ottebya / 2010-12-11 19:18:49   

update update:

was able to remove the rampant section titles

for anyone else attempting this they are in the index.php that was put into the plugin section starting at line 180; lemathieu was kind enough to put the old code just above it for easy copy paste fixing

this leaves the big problem #1 which seems to involve a code that im not even sure how to trial+error my way through

(i have noticed also that with the projects scrolling over the logo i can no longer click it to go to the home page, i think this will fix itself though once the scrolling is neutralized)

ottebya / 2010-12-11 22:44:25   

ud:

logo is on top and clickable again

still not sure how to make the menu not scroll, anyone know?

erick2687 / 2011-01-22 23:38:43   

Who Is Erick Mercer?
just uploaded the theme today and started working on it! I really love it!

MarleneRB / 2011-02-23 14:38:20   

Ok, I installed everything, have been trying to find out on tutorials and forum what I did wrong, but my menu wont scroll....Can anyone help me? Here's my webpage
thanks!

MarleneRB / 2011-02-23 14:41:05   

Ok, I installed everything, have been trying to find out on tutorials and forum what I did wrong, but my menu wont scroll....Can anyone help me? Here's my webpage
thanks!

MarleneRB / 2011-02-23 14:43:16   

thanks!

MarleneRB / 2011-02-23 14:44:06   

thanks!

MarleneRB / 2011-02-23 16:26:01   

thanks!

MarleneRB / 2011-02-23 16:26:43   

thanks!

MarleneRB / 2011-02-23 16:28:32   

woah sorry for all those posts, the forum kept saying me each time "page not found"

harap / 2011-04-10 00:06:08   

Hello, lemathieu

Thanks for this amazing theme for indexhibit - I downloaded it and started setting up my website with it : www.mowamowa.com

Everything is working great though I just encountered one problem.
I'm having a trouble loading the thickbox images.
I can see the thumbnails on my webpages, but thickbox stopped working as I changed my theme setting to scroller-theme.

Is this a jquery issue? Do you have any suggestions for this?

Thank you in advance!

harap / 2011-04-10 12:14:08   

lemathieu,

Hello, again!

Thickbox works fine now! I don't know what was wrong, but it started working after overwriting the js folder.

Thank you:)

midge218 / 2011-04-10 19:02:56   

this is definitely one of the best theme so far. i can see many possibilities for it. well done lemathieu

dudley / 2011-05-07 05:52:07   

Hey Just installed this theme and it seems to be working fine. But I have WP with iFrame on my site under the link dudleys sketchbook but it is coming through as a tiny window, I have played around but cant fix it, Does anyone know how to fix this?

dudley / 2011-05-10 00:24:00   

Dont worry about me, I have decided to keep my site at my coding level. (well slightly above I still want to push myself)But have decided to do more of the design and coding myself.

But the slider theme was great and I may use it latter on a site that doesnt use iFrame.

erick2687 / 2011-07-11 14:43:27   

Hello!

I love your theme a lot! I use it on my site and I just recently installed it for a friend too. I'm trying to wrap my brain around a recent problem:

His scroll bars seem to be scrolling to fast.
The Science Wizard

this is the css for the page
style code

thanks a lot!

-erick

erick2687 / 2011-07-11 14:43:41   

Hello!

I love your theme a lot! I use it on my site and I just recently installed it for a friend too. I'm trying to wrap my brain around a recent problem:

His scroll bars seem to be scrolling to fast.
The Science Wizard

this is the css for the page
style code

thanks a lot!

-erick

dani14 / 2011-07-24 00:55:25   

really incredible theme!
is there anyway to download it other than through box.net?
I cant get the download link to work, though that could be as I'm in china at the moment

soniab / 2011-08-26 19:09:54   

Hello! I love this, it's a truly beautiful theme.

I'm having some trouble customizing it, tough. I want the menus to expand, and, as rm5892 pointed out at the beginning of this thread, somehow the section names are clickable even when they don't link anywhere. This causes that every time I expand the menu, the whole website is redirected to one big 404.
Is there any way to fix this? I can't find what's causing this.

This --> http://unfarol.comoj.com/ is my website.

I just started it, and don't have the expanding menus active anymore, BUT you can still see how the section names are linked to god knows where!

Help? please?

Thanks in advance!

soniab / 2011-08-26 19:10:05   

Hello! I love this, it's a truly beautiful theme.

I'm having some trouble customizing it, tough. I want the menus to expand, and, as rm5892 pointed out at the beginning of this thread, somehow the section names are clickable even when they don't link anywhere. This causes that every time I expand the menu, the whole website is redirected to one big 404.
Is there any way to fix this? I can't find what's causing this.

This --> http://unfarol.comoj.com/ is my website.

I just started it, and don't have the expanding menus active anymore, BUT you can still see how the section names are linked to god knows where!

Help? please?

Thanks in advance!

malcolm / 2011-08-29 00:26:43   

I'm loving this theme as well. I've been scouring the boards looking for a way to figure out an issue that I'm having with this theme and horizontal exhibition. I have a long block of text that I can't seem to figure out how to format properly for before the pictures in my section on Maternity in Rwanda. Here's the link to where I'm struggling. I'm a newbie, but I've managed to get everything formatted the way that I envisioned. I'm just really struggling with this last part. I've been checking it out with firebug lite for Chrome, and I can get changes when I edit the specific CSS styling for this page (in firebug), but I have no idea how to make these changes in my actual style sheet. I'm using Dreamweaver but can't figure out this issue for the specific page.

basically getting 3 paragraphs of text to format nicely for horizontal theme. This is how I want the text to format

malcolm / 2011-08-29 00:27:01   

I'm loving this theme as well. I've been scouring the boards looking for a way to figure out an issue that I'm having with this theme and horizontal exhibition. I have a long block of text that I can't seem to figure out how to format properly for before the pictures in my section on Maternity in Rwanda. Here's the link to where I'm struggling. I'm a newbie, but I've managed to get everything formatted the way that I envisioned. I'm just really struggling with this last part. I've been checking it out with firebug lite for Chrome, and I can get changes when I edit the specific CSS styling for this page (in firebug), but I have no idea how to make these changes in my actual style sheet. I'm using Dreamweaver but can't figure out this issue for the specific page.

basically getting 3 paragraphs of text to format nicely for horizontal theme. This is how I want the text to format

pernin / 2011-08-29 00:56:02   

@malcolm:

you edit the ndxz-studio/site/scroller_theme/style.css

unless you really do know what you are doing, you shouldn't use dreamweaver or any other wysiwyg editor (they try to be helpful and usually finish breaking things): use a simple text editor (notepad or text edit), or choose one of the more helpful free code editors, there's several for both windows, mac and linux. i use bluefish, which versions for all three, but there's quite a few more

check http://www.w3schools.com/ for an excellent online css (and other) reference

apandersphilip / 2012-06-16 20:37:54   

Hey.. just downloaded the theme! amazing!

But i will like to disable the scrolling feature?

andersphilip.dk

Anyone know what to do?

Anders

lemathieu A / 2012-06-17 15:34:45   

Ok you've disabled it.
Can you explain to others ?
Thanks

icraigepps / 2012-07-04 21:30:15   

has anyone attempted to use this one with Indexhibit 2.0?
I'm trying to use it, but the javascript doesn't appear to be working.
will the sidebar function work in v2.0?
ianepps.com

Vaska A / 2012-07-04 21:31:30   

It needs to be updated for v2. ;)

7 / 2012-07-04 21:33:35   

2 years old, I had never seen this. Nice stuff though, Mathieu :)

icraigepps / 2012-07-04 21:37:16   

hey Vaska,
sorry for my lack of information.
I have followed the steps for updating the theme, but I feel like I only know part of the equation. I've inspected the site in chrome and it says all is ok, but obviously something is not making a proper call to the script.
I know nearly nothing about Javascripting and have tried googling answers.
the site isn't broken, but js is not working.
i can wait, but am curious if anyone has updated this theme successfully
thanks

Vaska A / 2012-07-04 21:40:24   

Updating a theme is a bit more complicated than a plugin - that's part of the problem.

icraigepps / 2012-07-04 21:52:51   

I totally understand!

harky / 2012-08-02 16:50:55   

Hey! i know this is an old post - but maybe you'll see this:

I love the template! Ive made this:
zhen-hua.co.uk

I would LOVE put a vertical banner on the left column of the page
how should I do this?

thanks

vahakn

harky / 2012-08-06 19:19:34   

Hi all!
BEAUTIFUL theme Mathieu. Thanks so much.
wondering if anyone is still reading this thread....!

Any idea how I can use the left hand side of the page to put a graphic either in the foreground or background?

Like this:
zhen-hua.co.uk/files/…

for this website:
zhen-hua.co.uk

THANKS!!!

Vahakn

annalia / 2012-09-19 10:40:33   

Hello lemathieu
I have an old version of indexhibit and i have recently installed the scroller theme. it works fantastic, thank you for creating it.
I have only one problem, the section names are click-able and of course they lead nowhere. how can i fix it?
many thanks and keep up the good work.

annalia / 2012-09-19 11:55:44   

so for the problem that i had (clickable section titles) i found a solution:

in the js file scroll_menu.js

line 23
window.location = $(this).find('a').attr('href');

put a // before the line so it should read:

//window.location = $(this).find('a').attr('href');

then on the css change the cursor pointer to default for the li menu section.

good luck to everybody and thanks again to the developer

yachtclub / 2013-02-24 22:07:31   

Hello,

Just installed Indexhibit on my site thisisyachtclub.com. trying to install this theme and not sure where to place the fies. I'm running Indexhibit™ v2.0.1. Do I take the files from the scroller them folder and put them where? Any help will be apreciated as I do not see a site folder in this vision. I see on my server the ndxzstudio and ndxzsite folder.

Dwayne

Vaska A / 2013-02-24 22:39:37   

This thread is about v1. Please start a v2 thread with your question. I'm closing this thread because it's really old and unfocused.

This thread has been closed, thank you.