html in text/email link question

Jeff_Friederichsen / 2007-05-14 23:55:23   

I am experiencing a similar problem to sauerbraten on page 3 of the support help pages: I insert a link into text using the link button

(see: www.eskimo.com/~jefried/index.php?/design/826-seattle/),

and it looks OK, but when I save and then review, it will display the html as text. I have to be real careful not to mess with it after I create the link in order for it to work on the site. Another curiosity is the display of html in the editing mode as garbage. Here is my pre-nav text as it displays in the editing box:

<h4>jeff friederichsen</h4>

It displays on my site OK. Is there something I could do to rid myself of these annoyances?

Also, I was wondering if there are any tricks to linking an email address. It seems simple, but when I try it in my "contact" section, I get a 404 message on the site and it looks like it's looking for a page link. I expected to see a message window pop up. I'm on a Mac using Safari and Apple Mail, if that makes any difference.

Thanks, I think this CMS is great!

Jeff_Friederichsen / 2007-05-15 00:00:19   

That's funny, my attempt to show in the previous post, the pre-nav tag html, it worked. No karats (sp?) appear in the editing box, they are substituted with other characters.

Vaska A / 2007-05-15 05:30:11   

Have you recently upgraded? You might try holding down shift+refresh the page so the javascript updates. Not sure if that's the problem here though.

Can you take screenshots of these when they are not working and send them to me via the contact page? Also, which version of Safari are you using? And the OS version too...

I don't quite understand your last question - are you trying to insert a link as the page title?

(PS: Yeah, this forum isn't perfect...I need to fix a few things)

Vaska A / 2007-05-15 22:05:41   

If others encounter this problem please take screenshots and provide any info that may be pertinent - use the 'contact' page link at the left to get in touch.

Thanks...

This thread has been closed, thank you.