Beginner with frames

JMH / 2010-05-12 19:03:42   

Hi: My previous experience was the design of a 5-page website using very basic HTML. I have no experience with "frames".

I understand how the Indexhibit "machine" works, and I've created a very basic site without much tampering with the "index.php" and "style.css" documents, just by uploading images and typing in text (via Indexhibit) . I've uploaded Firebug and am gaining an understanding of how CSS works.

I want to customize my content pages. For example, I'm using the Thickbox format, and above "| 1/3 | Return | Next" I want to add a description of each item. Is this done on the "index.php" page? Or must I generate more pages?

I believe my difficulty is in not understanding frames. Is there a tutorial anywhere that can help me with Indexhibit content customization? Or a nugget of info that will get the ball rolling? THANKS.

Vaska A / 2010-05-12 19:13:34   

Indexhibit doesn't use frames...

In Useful Threads there are two with red links - best place to start. Next, skim through that thread and see if any are pertinent to your interests. Next, searching the forum...asking questions will also get you alot of info.

JMH / 2010-05-17 17:41:31   

Um, OK... Sorry. If not "frames", then how do you describe Indexhibit's basic set-up, with a static menu bar on the left side and changing content in the larger window? (so I can research how to customize).

Can you please just give me a heads up as to What Document I go to to customize the text on the Thickbox Exhibit? I.e. as you click on the series of smaller images, they enlarge and have "| 1/3 | Return | Next" underneath. Where do I go to customize that? I've been going in circles for days and am lost. THANKS.

Vaska A / 2010-05-17 18:19:16   

In Useful Threads read the two links in red - it explains where things are. There are many threads around here that explain where and how to customize your exhibition formats already - just search for them.

This thread has been closed, thank you.