Horizontal Automatic Hover Scrollin

jonnery / 2010-06-12 12:37:14   

Hallo People

I set up my new page with indexhibit and now I'm customizing it as good as I can as a Noob in CSS, Javascript etc. ...

So far I was successful in everything I wanted to accomplish but now I ran into a problem.

http://www.jmdphoto.de
is the site I am talking about!
The Problem is under Film - 1
I have found a script that does what I want, but they have advertisement in it. Ugly!
I am willing to link them and give them credits, but not in the gallery! Can anyone help me? And tell me if I make any huge mistakes?! Where to insert it!? How to insert it?!

Script:

The "code" code doesn't work so I used pastebin if that is ok?

Kind Regards and thank you so much in Advance! Reading the Forum helped me alot so far!

Jean-Marie

jonnery / 2010-06-12 12:41:17   

Now I see no It is not OK to embed pastebin! Sorry!
Here is the Link:
http://pastebin.com/2iUvpgHv

Vaska A / 2010-06-12 13:00:41   

You can embed Pastebin in forums now? Let me look into this...I think that would be great around here...

jonnery / 2010-06-12 13:10:43   

Yes the preview showed me the embed but then I posted and you don't see anything after "Script:"

I also think it'll be great!

rickykappa / 2010-06-12 13:40:38   

@jonnery (+ @Vaska) - did you ever see horizontal nav? it does scroll to right and left (at the moment the auto scroll is working when you put your cursor on the arrows on top of the page), plus other features and it's easily customizable. everything is there, take a look and see if it can work for you
;-)

jonnery / 2010-06-12 13:58:37   

@Rickykappa

Yes! Of Course I have seen it in my hours of searching the forum and google. It would also be the compromise.
But I would prefer the Script I posted.
You have two different scrolling zones with different speeds and no additional buttons, what some won't like but I do.
Look at the Example and just tell me how to get rid of that ugly link on top?

Thanks!

rickykappa / 2010-06-12 14:36:37   

oh, well...
actually I can't go through your code now, but I guess it shouldn't be so difficult to get rid of that link, but I'm not sure if that is a correct thing to do... I cn't read the terms of use in deutsch!

btw I've also seen your example and at the first sight I didn't notice the double speed, nor the left scrolling! however you gave me the idea to eventually further customize mine in the future...
;-)

jonnery / 2010-06-12 15:32:06   

They write that the Link mustn't be removed. But I was willing to give them credit..

But hey look what I found: http://demos111.mootools.net/Scroller

Isn't that perfect? Now I just need help how to implement the "Mousemove" scrolling to the horizontal Gallery?

Thanks in Advance!

ntlk / 2010-06-12 16:06:27   

You have that in your script:
< div id="kostenlosejavascripts" align="center">...and then the link follows
You can move that div to the bottom via css

jonnery / 2010-06-12 16:40:42   

People I did it! Yes!

I do not exaclty know what I do or how it works (I am a beginner)!
I removed the link (I will give them credit, cause it is working great!)
Then I added:
window.onload=init;
at the bottom.

I think that initializes the script directly!? Am I correct?

Thanks for all your help. And would be cool to have a downloadable plugin sometime for that feature!?

arsondpi / 2010-06-12 20:10:38   

...some people might be interested in this effect, so if you can please share.
Cheers.

jonnery / 2010-06-12 22:35:56   

Of Course!
So let me as a Noob explain something to you ;)

I started modding the sample theme.
I inserted this code: Pastebin Link

I just put it in the index.php of the Theme I use "../ndxz-studio/site/sample/index.php"

And it works!

You can also modify the size of the Scrolling Zone and Speed in those Zones.

Please provide if you see some big mistakes or disadvantages!

Kind Regards,
Jonnery

arsondpi / 2010-06-13 07:44:53   

You know what? I was gonna do this because it compliments the Crawler on Hover Plugin and the Pindaros Hover plugin. Now thanks to you it's a set!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Bernto / 2010-08-20 13:16:44   

Hi there!
Nice script. works great for me (safari+firefox). I am only wondering whether it is working on Internet Explorer. Checked it with IE7, but did not work... Does anyone know a solution?

kind regards,

Bernto

kolor / 2010-08-29 18:30:05   

What values & where to change the speed of the automatic scrolling?

This thread has been closed, thank you.