Issue in Firefox w/ expanding menu

nmartell / 2010-07-04 18:57:42   

I've installed the script as found here http://www.rosscairns.com/downloads/ and everything seems to be working as desired except for one small thing in firefox.

The link text within the menu doesn't seem to be rendering properly. If you click 'work' for example the list of projects comes down, but the text appears thinner and lighter and not properly displayed. If you then click one of the projects the text renders properly. I tested it in Chrome and Safari and had no such issues.

Any ideas for what, if anything I can do about this?

Thanks all.

My site: www.nathanmartell.com

Vaska A / 2010-07-04 19:30:56   

Please read the forum rules, thanks.

nmartell / 2010-07-05 00:44:52   

Hi Vaska.

Not sure where I broke the rules. If you're referring to my indexhibit credit, it's in a footer on my site (bottom right). Or at least it should be. I tried modifying some code (which I'm noy very skilled at) and there's a chance it's not displaying on your browser.

Please do let me know if that is the case or if there is some other problem I'm oblivious to.

Cheers.

arsondpi / 2010-07-05 07:22:48   

It's a browser thing - different browsers display things in different ways...
An opacity:0.9999; (applied via the javascipt expanding menu) is rendered in Firefox like this.

The way to avoid this is propably to change the link colour to something darker...

Vaska A / 2010-07-05 11:54:48   

Yeah, I was referring to the link...if it's there and not appearing please fix that up. I just see what I see (quickly)...thanks.

;)

richardn / 2010-07-05 16:19:51   

I had the same problem and fixed it by updating to the latest version of jquery. Apparently this can break other things, but it worked for me.

See here:

http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/7282/

Vaska A / 2010-07-05 16:30:20   

I believe it breaks Thickbox...I think all the others are just fine.

New Jquery is pretty amazing stuff...

nmartell / 2010-07-06 19:19:54   

Jquery update seemed to do the trick. Thanks all for the help.

peresz / 2010-07-07 12:31:15   

NOOB question, How does one install a script? like the one above?

nmartell / 2010-07-08 00:04:02   

Ok so it appears I was wrong. Jquery update fixed the menu issue and broke my 'SlideViewer' plugin. Slideviewer is far more important at this point. I saved a copy of the jquery file that was there before. Can I 'un-update' by overwriting the update with the old file? Or will all hell break loose?

This thread has been closed, thank you.