Full Background Images / Menu

Ithaka / 2010-07-09 11:36:09   

Hey everybody,
First, a big thank to the indexhibit team and other active wanderer/finder(participants), because I have made huge steps the last months thanks to the forum..

I have read so many things about people trying to get the full background image on their home page that my head is a storm now (all the threads talking about this are going in different directions), and I would really appreciate if someone can resume if there is a more or less an "easy" way to get it using for example jquery plugin like backstrecht plugin... And if so what are the steps?

Another thing, I would like my menu to be transparent like on this website http://www.matthewthompsonphotography.com/
How can I manage this?

Thank you again,

have a nice day

damien
www.damienrayuela.fr

blameme / 2010-07-09 12:30:58   

1.Like you say there are a bunch of different ways to get a full background image on the homepage, it really depends how you need it to work.

2. I don´t recommend a transparent menu because using the horizontal format it´s gonna make it really hard to see the menu if there is a photo underneath. Instead maybe you should just make it semi transparent by adding
opacity:0.8; to #menu in your css.

Ithaka / 2010-07-09 13:02:29   

Hola blameme

thank you for your answer,
Great idea for the menu.

As for the full background image. I would just like people to see a "perfect" full image when they arrive on my homepage.If possible have a random selection of images so that anytimes someone enter on my website, there is a different background image.

What would be the easiest way?jquery?CSS?

Thank you again

Damien

blameme / 2010-07-09 14:16:07   

Well I guess you´ve tried it already but the easiest way probably using the Random Background plugin from the downloads page. It worked fine for me, you need to follow the instructions really carefully though.

Ithaka / 2010-07-09 14:46:17   

Yeah, I tried it already, actually I am using it, but with this plugin, the image does not resize automatically to fit to each navigators and screens.

What do you think of the jquery plugins like backstrecht or others? Are they applicable on Indexhibit?

arsondpi / 2010-07-09 15:14:13   

Check this post: Random full background plugin! (the rapidshare file)

Ithaka / 2010-07-09 22:48:07   

Thank you Arsondpi,
it works. but I came back to my previous settings as I did not manage to set a different background image in each section.. Do you know how can I make it? like here on this website

I am also trying to understand how can I separate the top of the menu with the name/logo of the website from the reste of the menu as it has been in this same website..

Thank you all for your help

This thread has been closed, thank you.