Menu links styles indivually

Kazt / 2010-07-30 04:29:18   

Hi there,
I've searched around how to attribute a style for a single link in the menu.
I found this tutorial. But I still have troubles with that. It doesn't work for me, I certainly did something wrong or misunderstood something.

Could you please help me ?

Vaska A / 2010-07-30 09:33:19   

Show us...

Kazt / 2010-07-30 19:43:34   

Okay,
so here is the actual menu.

And I'd like it to look like that.

The first element is normal.
The second one (Digipost) is on rollover, or selected when your on the equivalent page.

Any idea to do this..?

It's about list-style or ul backgrounds but... I don't know how to give a personnal id to each exhibit...

Vaska A / 2010-07-30 20:31:05   

We need to see the code...meaning a url.

Kazt / 2010-07-30 20:33:32   

Here it is :)

Vaska A / 2010-07-30 20:43:33   

Ok! This makes life much more easy...now...

First of all, you can't have accents in the css...nor spaces...you will need to clean the databefore it can be used. Now, I have no idea what your code looks like so I'm just going to quickly show you how you could do this.

For instance, where you are inputting your id you could do something like this instead...

1. id='" . strtolower( str_replace(array('√©','√°'), array('e','a'), $input['sec_desc']) ) . "'

I hope that makes sense what I'm doing there. I'm doing a string replace to remove accents with the non-accented equivalents and then making everything lower case.

Next, how you could use this in your CSS would be something like this...

1. ul#categories { }
  2. ul#categories li.section_title { color: ... }
  3. ul#categories li a { color: ... }

Make a new set of CSS rules for each section and then you can control the color of things all you want. Hope this does the trick for you...let us know how this works out.

;)

Kazt / 2010-07-30 20:58:47   

Thanks a lot ! I'll try this tomorrow ! :)
Cause I'm getting sleepy right now :/

Kazt / 2010-07-31 22:49:08   
  1. Hi there,
  2. I really don't know where I'm supposed too write this line :
  3. id='" . strtolower( str_replace(array('√©','√°'), array('e','a'), $input['sec_desc']) ) . "'

I tried in both index.php files but it makes the website crash.. :(

Vaska A / 2010-07-31 22:51:00   

Define 'crash'.

I'm not sure how to explain to you how to implement this...how about posting the relevant code here?

Kazt / 2010-07-31 23:02:42   

I mean I get an error when I try to access to my page.
But I made a mistake while placing the file in my ftp.. so it's ok with it now. I placed the code in the index.php which in my personnal skin file... Am I right ? I did changed nothing but that.
But the css code doesn't change anything... If I got it well, I have to replace "title" by the name of my exhibit..?
By the way, that's pretty embarassing but I forgot how to acces to the admin section x_x
Sorry for my noobness in CMS, that's the first one I use.

Kazt / 2010-07-31 23:04:19   

Okay I finally re-found how to go to the admin section, sorry 'bout that, made a mistake again ._.

Kazt / 2010-08-01 13:16:41   
Well actually, it doesn't entirely works.
I can edit the CSS for all the
  • of the menu at the same time... But I can't edit a single
  • individually. The fact is that they have no id or class.

Here is my css if it can help.

Could you help me to proceed please ?

Thanks

• Kazt / 2010-08-01 13:17:17   
    Ouch,
  • means li, sorry.
  • This thread has been closed, thank you.