Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Dear community

I invite you to visit my site: http://albano-fotos.freeiz.com/

It uses the Random Full Background Plugin and the SlidethumbCombo.

The threads in the forum were very usefull, thanks to Vaska and arsondpi and others who posted accurated answers to the many issues that came along.

The website is not working right under IE6, soon I'll get that fixed.

Please let me know what you think.

bureau44
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ok, my first thoughts:

- can you get rid of a blue line in hover over thumbs? It looks just out of gamma. The same as backround will do.

- the flower logo in menu looks not that good cut, rough edges. You may do a proper square file with black bacground in photoshop and insert it?

that'it.

ps
HDR makes me throw up
=D

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thanks a lot bureau, I'll see what I can do.

bureau44
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ah, I see, you need this trasparent cutout to place it at semi-transparent menu on start page. Well... you may try to cut this flower more delicately, while keeping edges even, not blured.

This impressum line at the bottom looks nice. Where did you find code for it?

ps
I've noticed that if you swap
# Urbana
# Sierras
# Paisajes
this will form a perfect slope.
While now the menu looks ragged. Especially long # Naturaleza and # Experimentos

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I got the code of the impressum line from http://www.raphaelarmin.nl/.

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

The site has just been updated with some of bureau's recommendations. i got ride of the blue line in hover over thumbs and replaced it with a slim square; smooth the flower logo and shorten the name of the items in the menu. i think it's really getting better.

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

can you explain better this?

" I've noticed that if you swap
# Urbana
# Sierras
# Paisajes
this will form a perfect slope. "

sorry o_O

bureau44
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

albano, I don't think it's getting better

First of all you should not follow the advice from the first guy in forum thread. )))
It's just my thoughts, I cannot explain how to make each step right.

Without semi-transparent bottom one can't read menu and impressum on dark backgrounds at all.

Now the flower got strange white halo.
I meant cutting the flower straight with a knife, without any blurs, anti-alising. Just following the form of petals.
Have no idea how it will work, try yourself.

I loved bigger font more. It emphasized spanish language typography. Now flower logo is dis-aligned with small text and falls to the right.
Personally I would just throw it away, not to mess it with fotos, which are beautiful and spacious of its own without any flower decoration.

It's just my personal taste
Here is my website: http://www.nickteplov.com
you see... )))
Personally i wish to get rid my

bureau44
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Personally i wish to get rid of any "design" at all.

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Dear buerau, i'ts logical that if i ask for oppinions i will be open to follow them, of course that must sound accurate to me first. it's just an experiment, trial and error 'cos i'm not a professional. if i wouldn't wanna change anything i wouldn't ask. the idea of that process is to get an interface that looks nice to me.

I still like the flower logo, just got ride of the white halo. i know what you mean, must not be competing with the photos, and i think it's not anymore.

also changed some things in the menu, it's more balanced now.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

It think it's quite nice.

I'm not sure I see the point of the footer - just put all that info onto it's own page.

I think the text in your #content region (the nav for slideshow) is too small. Your text in the index is nice...get a little more close to that...

Your host, free host, is outputting some errors. I can see them...and Google can see them which will prevent it from indexing your site properly.

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Uf that's something i was about to ask, the php error onload. I didn't know that was for the free hosting. You know Vaska, in the undeveloped world which i live is not always a priority to rent a host and a domain, that's why i'm using a free one provisionaly. :)
I just modified the #content text and the footer, much sutil now.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

It's ok...you've come so far already I'm not going to say anything about the free hosting you are using...hehe...what free hosting?

This is the error note:

1. Undefined variable: size in /home/a8641144/public_html/ndxz-studio/site/plugin/plugin.random_full_background.php

And, this is how you can fix it. Go into the /ndxz-studio/site/plugin/plugin.random_full_background.php file and add the following line BEFORE you see any of the other $size variables:

1. $size = '';

Done. ;)

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I was checking our your FB - we are huge Arrested Development fans too. You might check out a new series called "Bored to Death" (HBO) as well. Not as great as AD but it's really quite smartly written and acted.

bureau44
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

It's getting much better.

By delicate cutting the flower I meant that it is a nature form, not geometric oval, I tried to do it here
flower
you can do it better since you've got the original

Typography is also getting nice.
You just should swap a few words in that way that their length would form a better contour.
Search for the classic book title pages XVI-XIX century

title
title
title
title

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Oh I really miss AD, tried to get full chapters online but i think there aren't. My favorite character was Buster, because it remind me a cousin of mine, but they were all wonderfully amusing. I've seen some of david cross's stand up, and its funny too. I'll check if this new series it's broadcasted in my local tv, haven't heard about it.

albano
URAGUAY
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post
  1. I just put 
  2. 8. $size = ''; before
  3. 9. $size = getimagesize(DIRNAME . '/files/' . $rs['bgimg']);that's the first $size variable that appears in plugin.random_full_background.php, but the bug is still there.

ps: The free web hosting is 000webhost.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

You can find all the AD and BTD stuff on Vuze...

Showing 1 - 18 of 18 posts in Forum » Critique » Website finished, comments welcome

This thread has been closed, thank you.