'Internal Server Error' on third page of upgrade

alecleach / 2012-06-10 22:23:01   

Hi there, I have everything uploaded to my FTP ready to upgrade to CMS v.2 - when I go to /ndxz-studio/upgrade.php I get past the first two pages fine, but when I click the 'upgrade your database to work with Indexhibit' button I am met with the following error message:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@infinityinc.co and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Also - I should add that when I was uploading the files to my FTP and following the upgrade instructions, I could not see a folder for "/ndxzstudio/cache/" - at the time I assumed it was a typo and instead changed the permissions of "/ndxzsite/cache/" - so maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks in advance

Alec

Vaska A / 2012-06-11 09:59:06   

I'm very nearly done rewriting the upgrade system...hold on.

;)

Mienert / 2013-04-23 20:30:49   

Hello,

I am completing the upgrade for my website to CMS 2. I have followed the instructions and completed all the tasks (incl changing permissions to 755 (it wouldn't allow 0755 though, as per instructions). I have one problem and one query.

Problem: when i go to my web page (elizabethmienert.com/ndxzstudio/…) it is there and looks fine, but when i click on "about this site" it takes me to elizabethmienert.com/… and it comes up with the following message:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@api.indexhibit.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at api.indexhibit.org Port 80"

do I have to do something to rectfy this or can I just forget about it?

my query is: I pasted the new /ndxzstudio/cache/ file into the ndxz-studio file, should i have pasted it separately into the public_html folder and deleted the old ndxz-studio file, ineffect replacing it with the new one?

lastly I did not get a Yellow Banner across the top of the studio with a link to complete the upgrade or any other instructions, or any referrence to an update having occurred. infact I'm not entirely sure any thing has happened as mostly everything looks much the same (which is a good thing i suppose - it's all still there) I just want to know I have completed the upgrade correctly and would like to understand better If i should expect any changes or improvemnets when the upgrade occurs .

I upgraded today because my code was not compatible with the latest version of PHP 5.4 - i don't really understand all of this i'm afraid, as i'm not techie and my host wasn't helpful at all (suggested i pay someone to fix it), but I went in to my cpanel PHP configuration and changed the settings to PHP 5.4 (maybe that was wrong?) but it made the messages disappear.

I hope all this information is helpful and relevant.

Many thanks

Elizabeth

Vaska A / 2013-04-23 21:15:02   

Very briefly in a sentence or two, what is the problem?

Mienert / 2013-04-24 18:30:06   

do I need to worry about the internal server error on the 'about this site' page?

how do I know when my upgrade to CMS2 is complete?

could changing PHP 5.4 settings on my cpanel have any affect on my upgrade?

thanks

Max_Estes / 2013-08-10 23:23:37   

I receive this message when trying to update to 2.0. Ideas?

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@annafiske.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Vaska A / 2013-08-11 01:18:40   

did you try a second time? did you reupload the files to make sure everything is there and properly uploaded (becuase FTP does miss things)?

This thread has been closed, thank you.