database update

krikricz / 2012-08-02 21:55:23   

Hi,
I am trying to upgrade to version 2. I have downloaded the installation package, unzipped and uploaded everything as mentioned in the tutorial (after backup of course). I had no problem with changing the folders attributes to 755, so I run the installation. Everything was OK until I was trying to upgrade the database - the upgrade tool recovered the previous database info and I filled my personal info to the form but when I click the submit button it does nothing. I can't find why (I am on PHP5 and I checked the login information and it seems to be right).
Did anybody have the same trouble?
I am not sure if it can be the problem, because with the older version it worked properly, but I have two folders in my root: www and www2 and both contain one instalation of indexhibit. This is because I have two domains on one account (it was made this way by my host when I purchased a second domain). I have read about this in the "Common Installation Problems" - it says that I should change the Database append for each installation but when I try to do this, it always automaticaly change back to ndxzbt1_ in both cases...

Perhaps it is just something banal but I can't find what right now...
I will be glad for any help.

Thx,
vitek

Vaska A / 2012-08-02 22:21:12   

What is your current website?

krikricz / 2012-08-02 22:26:20   

krikri.cz
and
glasshouse.cz

Vaska A / 2012-08-02 23:01:53   

What happened to your previous Indexhibit site (old version)? Are they still working?

krikricz / 2012-08-03 05:06:31   

I am not sure, I was not working on it for last few months and I think it was in june that I realized none of the sites is working. I was not sure what was the problem and finally I became convinced that it was because of the Indexhibit upgrade - I thought that I have to updat to v2 to make it work again...

Vaska A / 2012-08-03 12:06:30   

If those sites stopped working then we have no way to know that your database login details are correct. I have a feeling that your login or password were changed (which would stop them from working, as well).

krikricz / 2012-08-03 12:11:45   

But the login info works right in the login process to my host's MYSQL web client...

Thank you for trying to help me, Vaska!

Vaska A / 2012-08-03 12:23:08   

Something isn't right there - when I looked things were blank (on your old site).

Put your new files into a subfolder and try to do a new installation, see how that goes.

krikricz / 2012-08-03 12:59:28   

I am not sure whether I understood it correctly - I created new folder in my root - www3 and I uploaded the instalation files into it. Then I created new database and changed the permissions to the folders. After that I wanted to start the instalation on this address: krikri.cz/www3/ndxzstudio/… but it says: Database is not installed. So I guess it was not the way you meant it...
I was thinking of exporting my old mysql database through the web client, deleting it from the server, install new version of the indexhibit and then importing the data back. Is this possible?

Vaska A / 2012-08-03 13:07:26   

No, you need to install the tables for your new Indexhibit now.

This is getting very confusing because you are mixing up old and new. There is a very clear process for importing old to new but you aren't following that.

And, it seems something is not right with your database because your old site does not work. Confusing the two issues is making this very difficult - one thing at a time.

Fix your old sites first - something is wrong with the database connection (and that isn't actually an Indexhibit issue).

This thread has been closed, thank you.