Not found previous site database info on upgrading

craigome / 2012-08-03 12:33:48   

I followed the steps to upgrade as on indexhibit.org/tutorials/upgrade/upgrade-to-version-two/

Once uploaded the new files via FTP (but before installing fully), (probably where i went wrong) I deleted the legacy ndxz-studio file (I have a back up) and then my site went offline, so I re-uploaded it to where it was before (but didn't put the site back online) and continued with the upgrade installation.

I'm now on this stage yourwebsite.com/ndxzstudio/… where it should of (i think) found my old database info it has come up with a page asking for:

Site Name
User Name
User Last Name
Email Address
Database Server Address
Database Name
Database Username
Database Password
Database Append

Do I fill this in? And if so will it carried over my files from the legacy version?

It seems like it's not recognised my site from the previous version and am worried it won't carry any of my previous files over to the new version if I continue with the form.

I am a noob to this but hopefully I haven't done anything too disastrous.

Many thanks
Craig
craigbarrow.co.uk

Vaska A / 2012-08-03 12:43:54   

I can tell that you don't have the /ndxz-studio/config/config.php file - this is what Indexhibit 2 is looking for. Without that being there and having the correct database login it can't do the upgrade - you need to recreate that file (get your old site working first).

craigome / 2012-08-03 14:00:34   

Sorted, thank you. Only thing is now non of my image files are there, only the image file names. Do i have to re-upload them all or do i need to do something else?

Liking the look of the new version already btw.
Cheers

craigome / 2012-08-03 14:02:20   

The images seem to show up when I edit my projects though...

Vaska A / 2012-08-03 14:02:44   

Visit each exhibit inside the studio and the images will be regenerated.

craigome / 2012-08-03 14:30:06   

Brilliant, sorted. Thanks.

This thread has been closed, thank you.