I want to revert to legacy, i have my old site saved

sambless / 2012-09-10 22:57:20   

I copied all the files and folders from my ftp before i upgraded to version two. I've deleted everything from my database and tried adding my old site back but it didnt work.

Is there a way of doing this or do i need to re-install v1?

I'm really unhappy with the level of customisation you can do to existing themes from legacy, within version 2. There seem no available templates for inexperienced css users to use and modify/tweek, i can't wait till there is because i rely on my website to showcase my work. Hence needing to revert back to something i've already designed how I liked.

Vaska A / 2012-09-11 01:40:52   

Restore your old files and voila.

Unfortunately, we have little financial support even with selling it - we can only do so much (things are not well).

sambless / 2012-09-11 09:17:33   

Thank you Vaska, i've tried putting the files back on my ftp but i get the following:

'Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ndxz-studio/ on this server.'

The page is also blank when you visit it, my web address is samuelcraven.co.uk/

What am i missing?

sambless / 2012-09-11 09:18:44   

I manage to see some pre or post nav text and built with indexhibit when i add .index.php to my domain name...

arsondpi / 2012-09-11 09:28:43   

You might have overwritten the config.php file and you might have enabled clear urls... You need to either think backwards...
Does you host keeps backups? If so ask them and reupload a recent working copy of your site...

sambless / 2012-09-11 09:41:35   

thank you for your help, i've contacted my host and they said they can restore it to the last working version, so have deleted everything on my ftp

This thread has been closed, thank you.