upgrade to version 2

artur / 2012-10-04 08:19:56   

Hi,

I am trying to update my indexhibit to version 2. I went though all steps from this link:
indexhibit.org/tutorials/upgrade/upgrade-to-version-two/
I am stuck however in this moment:
‘Direct yourself to the following url: yourwebsite.com/ndxzstudio/… Select your language and proceed.’

Not really what to do. In the meantime my website has gone :(

Maybe files I uploaded are in wrong place. Not really sure. I was trying to search forum but due to my limited knowledge in IT area I couldn’t find the answer (or maybe i don’t understand something). It took me a while for example to find out what 0777 is and what does it mean ‘place 0777 (0755 if your host permits it) permissions’ ...

Anyway, as I said my website is down. I can access it from login panel but that’s it. I am completely lost and don’t know what to do now. Any help would be much appreciated... thank you!

artursikora.com

arsondpi / 2012-10-04 08:26:46   

It's this url you should be looking at: artursikora.com/ndxzstudio/install.php

The files and folders should be uploaded on the same directory as your previous version of Indexhibit.
Hope this helps...

artur / 2012-10-04 09:16:09   

Hi,
thank you for your advice. all files are in the same directory ...I suppose.
it looks like this:

files
ndxz-styudio
ndxzsite
picture library
plesk-stat
.htaccess
index.php

I tried of course mentioned url last night but it gave me only possibility to edit instal.php file (?)

Seriously, it’a black magic for me.

It’s sais:
‘Direct yourself to the following url:
yourwebsite.com/ndxzstudio/…
Select your language and proceed.
The upgrade tool will try to find your previous Indexhibit installation - it will automatically detect your previous database connection into.’

but actually nothings happen...don't know what the next step is to see my website online and have updated indexhibit...

artur / 2012-10-04 09:17:58   

there is also ndxzstudio folder below ndxzsite of course...

artur / 2012-10-04 10:33:01   

OK, I think it is sorted now. There was a few files missing in one folders. Transfer error on FTP software.
now there is big mess with images which are gone but I think I can manage it.
Cheers

This thread has been closed, thank you.