upgrading themes/exhibit formats

ianterry / 2013-01-19 14:29:15   

I have just installed v2.0.1 and I'm at the step where I need to apply the changes listed here:

indexhibit.org/tutorials/upgrade/updating-templates-and-exhibit-formats/

I've searched the forum but it hasn't cleared my confusion regarding how to start on this. Are there any other tutorials available with a more step-by-step guide? Please excuse my computer ignorance ;)

-Ian

arsondpi / 2013-01-19 14:56:11   

which format do you want to update exactly? I'm asking because in the new version there are alternatives (better and improved ones)

ianterry / 2013-01-19 15:46:31   

Specifically, I'd like to be able to use the "No Thumbs" format but right now it is listed as having "No Options" where it should say "Enable".

Something else that is a bit odd is I don't have the yellow banner at the top of my studio even though it does say "v2.0.1" in the bottom right corner. Is this something that will change after I finish the updating templates/formats step?

Thanks for the response.

ianterry / 2013-01-19 15:50:38   

Basically, all I want to do is be able to show images/vimeos without thumbnails in their full size on the page so people can just scroll through them as opposed to having to click and enlarge them for viewing.

arsondpi / 2013-01-19 16:00:49   

Have you tried the Over and Over format?

ianterry / 2013-01-19 17:47:42   

I've been messing around with the horizontal format and that seems to be what I've been after as it allows for no thumbnails. Anyway, it seems as if updating the templates and formats might not be necessary after all (for now atleast). Thanks again.

This thread has been closed, thank you.