Unable to upload pictures!?

Lilith / 2008-10-09 12:07:24   

I know there are plenty of threads about this problem and mostly it's not exhibit. But i'm hoping someone can help me, it's a long time since i've used coding. Permissions are all right: 777 on both gimgs and files. The files manager works perfectly fine. I've tried uploading serveral pictures in .jpg both large and small. Every time i press 'upload' it starts uploading (or so it seems in the browser), but it suddenly stop and leaves the image uploading-area blank (no buttons or text). And beneath it says: No images. When i refresh the page the 'choose archive' + 'upload'-buttons +"Filetypes: jpg, png and gif only.
Max File Size: 12 MB"-text reappear, but it never works.
Since I don't remember much coding the only thing I've changed is the style.css and things within the exhibit, so I dont understand why this doesn't work.

Thanks.
Page: www.lllh.dk

Eloisa A / 2008-10-09 15:45:39   

There are a few tricks that you can try; this is what i come up with from the top of my head based on my experience:

- make sure that the extension is lowercase (.jpg instead of .JPG)
- Make sure that the characters in the name are all latin (no weird danish letters!!)
- some cameras create special jpgs that can cause trouble up-loading. Re-save them with photoshop, and try again
- Try with less pictures

Good luck!

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-10-10 04:35:54   

I've also noticed that if your filename has a . somewhere before the extension (eg: myfile.nice.jpg), it will not work and break the uploader. Just rename the file.

Lilith / 2008-10-10 11:18:52   

Thanks for the answers. The extension is lowercase and i've used no weird danish letters and no dots is the name before the extension, so the only problem i can think of is my camera. I'll try re-saving them with photoshop and some of the files did work, other not. I think I figured that they work if there are no spaces in the name AND if they're re-saved. So thank you very much :)

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-10-10 11:36:06   

Yeah, spaces can also break the uploader...

Vaska A / 2008-10-10 20:00:15   

Yes, some cameras auto insert metadata into the images...and some servers freak out about that. Is there anything that can be done about this?

- you can save them after they are opened in photoshop
- if that doesn't work...get another server...

It's really a problem with PHP...not Indexhibit.

markforsman / 2008-10-19 21:22:10   

I have found that safaas huge problems with uploading images. I switched over to firefox earlier today and all issues on multipule sites (all different scripts) have been fixed. Just a heads up.

markforsman / 2008-10-19 21:22:56   

safari has* sorry about that.

Vaska A / 2008-10-20 07:42:45   

Hmmm...which version of Safari are you using. I have never had a problem with it...

lizer / 2013-12-30 15:52:05   

I also have a problem uploading pictures, pleaasse, someone, help! :)

- I have the right extentions (small letters .jpg),
- saved the photo in photoshop with a short name with only letters
- and the file size is 143 kb, that should be small enough, right?

What else to do?
I found this solution: zebpedersen.co.uk/ with a manual: (php.net/manual/en/…), but really, I have no clue how to install this, I'm very very new in this area, all help is welcome :D

Thx,

Lisa

arsondpi / 2013-12-30 15:54:30   

Hello Lisa.
What seems to be not working?
What happens and you can't upload?
Which browsera sre you using?

oza / 2014-01-28 21:43:38   

Hi, I also have a problem uploading images:( I choose an image and .... nothing happens, no error, no uploading... no reaction.. nothing? Tried all possible browsers... checked permissions...
Giving up :(

This thread has been closed, thank you.