Image compression on 2.0?

Cyrill / 2013-08-11 09:56:40   

Hey there,

if have a problem while uploading pictures. I'm using photoshop to compress my pictures but it seems that indexhibit compresses them again. I found this line in the options.php:

// image quality
$default['img_quality'] = 90;
$default['systhumb'] = 150;

I have read the other threads but - is there a possibilty to delete this? I just don't want indexhibit to compress, it looks really blurry:

cyrill-kuhlmann.de/…

In photoshop it looks very sharp instead…

Thank You!

arsondpi / 2013-08-11 10:12:44   

change $default['img_quality'] = 90; to $default['img_quality'] = 100;
$default['systhumb'] = 150; is about the default size of the thumbnails.

Cyrill / 2013-08-11 14:29:26   

…Thank you! But it's still blurry... It got a little better… But is there a possibility to have no compression?

Cyrill / 2013-08-11 14:52:37   

I did it this way... and now it looks very good… But isn't there any way to solve this with a change of the code?

Cyrill / 2013-08-11 14:52:50   

This way:

"However, I think I found a way around this problem. Try it for yourself to see if it works for you. First create your exhibit and upload your images to your gallery like you normally would with Indexhibit. After you're done, download filesgimps folder. Inside, you'll see all your images that you uploaded and their sizes will have increased and they are compressed. Then simply replace them with the ones that you prepared for web on your computer making sure that the titles are the same. Because Indexhibit adds numbers to the image titles after you upload. And then upload this file back to your server and you should have the images at the file size and quality you wanted them to be. Although this procedure can really be a hassle if you have lots of photo, maybe it is worth giving a try.

Good luck!
"

This thread has been closed, thank you.