Multilingual Feedback

yanxing / 2013-11-21 03:37:17   

The website louisperreault.com/ is a very good sample to talk about my questions.

----
First, let's stay in the EN version "news", then in the mean while we switch to the FR version, we click the "FR" button at the bottom, yes it turns to the FR version, but it is the index page, not the FR version of "news",

if install two indexhibits is the only solution of the Multilingual, please kindly let me know how to switch to the language version of the original page where we are planing to turn change...

arsondpi / 2013-11-21 08:21:52   

Use absolute urls
For example in the "Nouveautes" exhibit, somewhere in the text area box, insert

1. <a href='./en/news/'>English version</a>

and in the "news" exhibit, somewhere in the text area box, insert

1. <a href='./nouveautes/'>Version française</a>

This will link you to one specific page to another.
If you do not have coding skills this cannot be achieved automatically I'm afraid.

yanxing / 2013-11-22 07:20:41   

That's I understand, but indexhibit is based on the frame construction, simply talking, each indexhibit have left side (menu) and right side (content), if I put EN or FR button on the left side, is it still working for the specific page?? it seems to hard to switch from the left side, right? because I only wanna have the EN and FR code in at the left side in order to convenient visitor they can choose language where ever they want, and it always appear at the left side...

arsondpi / 2013-11-22 08:03:59   

No Indexhibit (or any other web app to my knowledge) cannot guess the corresponding url of an exhibit. You can have different completely different content on a french version page with no reference to the equivalent english version page.

On the other hand depending on your coding skills or or eagerness to make this, you could code some sort of javascript that would create these links on the fly - meaning that the first english index link corresponds to the first french index link etc. That would restrict you to having the same structure though.

yanxing / 2013-11-25 00:59:19   

Of course I will have the same structure for both 2 websites, could u please clear for the solution that you mentioned of javascript? or is there have other way? like css???

arsondpi / 2013-11-25 08:14:02   

No I'm afraid css won't do the trick. As for the javascript solution you may need to search the internet to find/build what you're after.

yanxing / 2013-11-26 06:47:53   

it sounds very complicated~ right?

arsondpi / 2013-11-26 06:51:53   

It's time consuming - as long as you're eager to get this done, "complicated" won't be an issue, time will.

This thread has been closed, thank you.