Google Analytics (again)!!

Bezdomny / 2013-12-31 17:37:14   

Hello, I have read ALL the posts on pasting in the Google Analytics code and I simply ask that someone upload a screenshot of how the file is supposed to work? I tried pasting it into the "Parsons" theme, which immediately stopped working (despite following @Vaska's instructions) :'(

I have now switched to the "Eatok" theme, which got the website (exhibit.bezdomny.org/)
back up. I don't want to go fiddling with this theme unless I know exactly where the code goes when I open the text editor. Also it is not clear exactly which file I should alter or indeed if it's more than one file that needs altering.

I know it is not difficult to make us who aren't professional programmers look stupid on this forum, so I beg that a clear response of more than 3 words be posted if that is not too much to ask. Again, a screenshot of exactly which file(s) need to altered and where to paste the code would be great. Again I am using the Eatok theme.

Vaska A / 2013-12-31 17:41:25   

You can't edit the Eatock theme - it's embedded into the system.

You need to make a template set, as there is a "sample" one you can work with, and go from there.

Then simply edit /ndxz-studio/site/sample/index.php with your code in the template just as Google says.

Bezdomny / 2013-12-31 17:47:46   

Thank you for the quick response. So no Eatok cannot be altered, I understand.

Unfortunately I pasted my code in into

/ndxz-studio/site/sample/index.php

and that theme (as well as Parsons) no longer function. I think it's because on that "sample" file, as others have mentioned, there are only three items:

•    Built with Indexhibit
    •    

So I tried to guess where to paste the code and got it wrong, and I removed the code and now that theme no longer works. Is it possible to download a fresh index.php somewhere? Also, once I download, I still don't know where to paste the following code?

Edited by Vaska: the Google code doesn't need to be posted...

Vaska A / 2013-12-31 17:49:50   

Google doesn't tell you at all where the code should go? I believe they do.

Inside of script tags in the 'head' of the template, for instance. Or, well, to be exact.

Bezdomny / 2013-12-31 18:13:48   

I see what the problem is, I was opening the file with a text editor. I opened it again on "dashcode" for mac and I get what looks like a normal file and I see where to put the code. I see it's the same problem that everyone else had who asked "where do I put the code?" -They were using a text editor which shows three lines.

Now, since I wrecked the parsons index.php file, I was wondering if there is someplace I can download it?

arsondpi / 2014-01-02 14:58:00   

Use the one you might have in your computer and find the correct index.php to reupload.

This thread has been closed, thank you.