May I use Indexhibit twice?

Jul_Gordon / 2014-05-15 10:47:13   

Hello. I tried to use Indexhibit for a second domain. When I try to install it, the problem "check config" appears. I doublechecked all the database information an also talked to the support center of my webhost. When I try to go through the installing, "check config" appears, but when i go to the domain: hanundholm-illustration.de, its just a blank page. and when i go to hanundholm-illustration.de/ndxzstudio/… it says, i am already installed.
I was wondering if this happens because I didn`t pay Indexhibit twice even though I use it twice? Thank you.

Vaska A / 2014-05-15 11:54:22   

Are they both your own personal projects? That's how it's intended - if so then 'yes' you can use it more than once.

If they were client or with other people then we would ask that your purchase another.

The problem you are having though - make sure you use another database for your second installation. You could damage the first installation if you don't.

Jul_Gordon / 2014-05-15 13:08:01   

Thank you for the answer.
I downloaded it now a second time and payed a second time. I had an extra database for it, already. I checked and doublechecked the database information. I talked to my webhost on the phone, they said everything is ok with the database. I reuploaded everything. the problem is still the same: XX check config…
Any idea?

Vaska A / 2014-05-15 13:12:18   

Thanks

Are you positive everything is correct with the database connection info? Does the db user have all privileges?

Jul_Gordon / 2014-05-15 14:00:20   

Do you mean the 777 permissions for
/files/
/files/gimgs/
/files/dimgs/
/ndxzsite/config/
/ndxzsite/cache/
with "all privileges? The answer would be : yes.
What else might be the problem?
Thank you.

Vaska A / 2014-05-15 14:01:58   

No, database privileges. In your hosting control panel, where you setup your database, there should be a place to setup privileges for the db user.

miguelph / 2014-06-27 17:08:21   

Hello!
I'm having the same problem... I'm upgrading to v2 of indexhibit... I have created a new database, and upload the new files to another folder so i could develop the new site in the background... All the permissions are ok, the database should be direct access? I can't pass for the step 3 of choosing user and password... in the bottom of the page I got XX check config... any suggestions?

This thread has been closed, thank you.