xx config but question in advance

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-20 06:41:59   

hello,
i'm trying to install indexhibit on my powweb server and i've already asked them to verify that they comply with your requirements, and also if they could verify for me the information concerning my MySQL database (which i created already, but i'm especially not sure about 'database host/server', which i believe is this: 'Server Name: nicolasdangelo.powwebmysql.com').

while i wait for their reply, i wanted to ask you about the root folder. i use filezilla, and as the root folder i see 'htdocs', but i'm not sure if my interpretation is correct. within that folder it resides the current version of my website, which is html and was done sometime ago using apple's iweb software. i'm not sure if i should put the loose contents of the indexhibit folder on the first or the second of the two folders i mention. putting it on the second seemed to work for me today but then i got stuck on the database information page, with the xx config error.

my last question would be about the temporary coexistence of my old website and indexhibit. only while i'm working on indexhibit and until i have it ready i would like the previous version of my website to be online. i wonder if there will be any problems with that.

thanks in advance for your help,

nicolas

Vaska A / 2014-05-20 11:41:53   

That sounds like the right database server.

Where you put your files is up to you - that won't impact the database info.

Yes, you can have both at the same time. When you are ready, you can move your Indexhibit to the main site. However, depending upon how your old site is built - it may or may not work anymore (has to do with how things are linked together).

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-20 12:37:16   

thank you for your response.
they answered already and everything was ok and what i expected.
i'll try to re-install later.

since i have to separate domains and my present/old website is using one of them, i'll use the other for indexhibit temporarily, and when i'm ready point the other one to it.

while i was managing the domain i saw 'dns', with several options (like 'private name server', 'MX record', 'CNAME Alias', etc.). i'm not sure about those, by default nothing is selected (my previous site worked ok under those circumstances). do i leave it at that?

thanks again,

nicolas

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-20 23:54:03   

i installed with no problems i think, and right after de database page when the browser tries to load this page:

nicolasdangelo.com/ndxzstudio/

the response is (403) Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ndxzstudio/ on this server.

i don't know what else to do...

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-21 14:27:12   

i'm trying to get help from my host, but i would appreciate some feedback here as well.
i can reach the database information page, and after that instead of getting a login page i invariably get 'Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /ndxzstudio/ on this server'.

the page i'm not able to load after database setup reads like this on my browser:

nicolasdangelo.com/ndxzstudio/

i'm using safari on a mac, and filezilla for ftp, the permissions of the file requested to be 755 or 777 are set to 755 now, all the files are present (i did comparison with filezilla), i rechecked the database information a thousand times, i even did all the steps several times (that is, i deleted and recreated databases, and deleted and reuploaded fresh copies of indexhibit).

i'm asking my host to revisit permissions for the 'ndxzstudio' folder with the server. is that what i need to ask them?

like i said, i would appreciate some feedback here.

thanks in advance,

nicolas

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-21 14:51:12   

let add some more info, your installation instructions state 'Go to yourdomain.com/ndxzstudio/ and login to start uploading content to your website.' if i try that i get a forbidden message, whereas if i add index.php at the end of it i can access indexhibit:

yourdomain.com/ndxzstudio/…

if from that page i click on the 'admin', i get the forbidden again.

Vaska A / 2014-05-21 15:16:06   

That's another hosting issue - something isn't setup on their end.

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-21 15:26:53   

ok, i'm dealing with them... i'll get back here when i have more info/responses...

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-22 18:37:31   

i understood the problem myself after some searching.
there was a htdocs file in the root folder when in reality my previous website and the new one i intend to build with indexhibit are on separate subfolders within the root.
this htdocs file was interfering with indiexhibit's own one... now i moved it to the subfolder of my other site where it belongs and things are working.
of course now i can't go past configuring some menus... but i'll start learning and come back to ask as i need. best//

nicolasdangelo / 2014-10-20 19:03:33   

this is closed for me, thank you.

This thread has been closed, thank you.