Error 404 on Install Page

britterinn / 2014-06-04 04:44:50   

I've followed (or tried to follow, as it were) the installation instructions found here: indexhibit.org/tutorials/getting-started/installation/

As per the video, I've used Cyberduck to upload the contents of the Indexhibit to my root folder, which, as far as I can tell from the info my host has provided me, is "public_html", and I've changed the permissions of the specified folders to 777. I'm hosting with Bluehost. When I try to access the install page at brittanyerinnelson.com/ndxzstudio/… I'm given an Error 404.

I'm not sure what has gone wrong, or even what to try. My knowledge of FTP applications and web hosting is minimal, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Vaska A / 2014-06-04 13:31:33   

Cyberduck is super confusing - try Filezilla or even Coda (if you are on a Mac you can do a trial).

britterinn / 2014-06-04 15:02:18   

Thanks for your response. I went in using Filezilla, and everything looked in order to me, but I went ahead and deleted and re-uploaded the Indexibit files to "public_html", got the same Error 404 page. I also have a "www" folder which I thought might be the root? So I moved the folders over to "www" as an experiment, and still no change.

Is there something in another folder that's interfering? I also have a "public_ftp" folder, is that something I should be looking into?

britterinn / 2014-06-04 15:10:59   

As an after thought, did Cyberduck do something to my folders that I'm overlooking?

Vaska A / 2014-06-04 15:20:56   

I would guess it's the www folder. I don't know what Cyberduck has done to your site - there is no way for me to know this.

My advice is don't use it...

britterinn / 2014-06-04 15:28:45   

I only used it because it was used in the video featured on Indexhibit's Install page. I haven't used it since you advised not to.

Any suggestions for further action on my part?

britterinn / 2014-06-04 16:59:23   

Resolved.

Called my host, it was an issue with my folders.

This thread has been closed, thank you.