Install Success but no Themes/Formats/Plugins

aj2079 / 2014-10-10 05:51:04   

I decided to change to v2 after I think I messed up the link between indexhibit and my database the other day. I deleted everything from my cPanel before starting and I think the install was successful (I can log into indexhibit). But now there aren't any options themes/formats/plugins/etc, they're just blank. And no menu items or text are showing on my website alexseret.com , images also don't seem to load (the reason I decided to upgrade in the first place).

Does that mean I entered my database info wrong?

The common installation problems tutorial said "Please check your config settings again. Indexhibit cannot connect to your database. Make sure your database information is correct..." But I can't find anywhere in Indexhibit to change that info. Do I have to reinstall to change it?

The option for Database host/server automatically came up as localhost which I left even though I think mine is Localhost via UNIX socket. Should I have used the long version?

I have been on a super steep learning curve the past few days so please excuse my ignorance & I really appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Alex

aj2079 / 2014-10-10 06:23:36   

I just double checked all my files and quite a few were missing from the ndxzsite folder. Now that they're uploaded I have options for themes/formats/plugins/etc. But nothing is showing on my website. I'm guessing that's database related? I also tried to reinstall just to try and get those options back for my database but a message came up along the lines of 'already installed'. So how can I change that?

Vaska A / 2014-10-10 10:28:18   

You are likely having problems with your files...

- something is missing
- wrong permissions

You need to reupload things. Start with the 'ndxzstudio' folder.

Then, you can reupload the 'ndxzsite' folder but DO NOT overwrite your 'ndxzsite/config' folder (it will kills your database connection).

See how it goes...

aj2079 / 2014-10-11 09:39:29   

Thanks for the advice but there is still nothing showing on my website. I have reuploaded 'ndxzstudio' and 'ndxzsite' (but kept the config folder and can see the appropriate config file still in there that connects to the database). I have also tried permissions set to 777 and 755.

I have contacted my webhost and they said localhost is what I needed to enter so that's right.

I am using the same database that I had used for my earlier version of Indexhibit. Would that be the problem?

Thanks, Alex.

aj2079 / 2014-10-11 11:35:18   

I don't know what just happened but content is now showing on my website but I can't upload images. Can anyone please help with that? Thanks.

This thread has been closed, thank you.