exhibition format

hanni / 2015-02-22 08:31:29   

hi,
can anyone help me finding out which exhibition format is being used on this site? simonprades.com
i like the overview on all of the work on the main page, with the highlights when hoovering over. and when you click on a project there is an undercategory.

is the main page a 'section' oder a 'exhibit' ? trying to figure out how the settings are.

thanks

hanni / 2015-02-22 08:46:13   

I dont know how to have a square preview of each project and when clicking on a project, getting to a series of more pics instead of simply seeing the the clicked pic in a bigger size.

sundaricarmody / 2015-03-04 13:26:52   

Hello. I believe you are referring to 'Visual Index'.
In the page you want this option select 'Exhibit Options' and set the following:
Media Source: Exhibit
Format: Visual Index
There are tips in the forums to customise as desired. Hope this helps.

sundaricarmody / 2015-03-04 13:27:54   

Sorry correction
options should be set to
Media Source: section
Exhibit format: visual index

gana / 2015-03-09 09:16:54   

Hi hanni
How did you create this matrix on your home page? Looks brilliant!

Leetomic / 2015-03-11 17:31:09   

Thank you for sharing this.
Is it built with indexhibit?
if so, i always wanted to have multiple images after clicking the thumbnail on the visual index page.
Any tips on this???

Vaska A / 2015-03-11 18:07:05   

This is super easy...

1. Use Visual Index on a section page and set Media Source to 'section'.
2. Use Over and Over to display the actual images.

That's it...built-in...it's always been there since the day v2 shipped.

Leetomic / 2015-03-15 16:43:25   

Hi Vaska,

Thank you so much for your help!
Yes. it's really helpful.

One question I have is, when I do that, the exhibit titles are shown below the section titles.
As I want to put only section tiles horizontally without showing exhibit titles.

My website is, for your reference,

Leetomic / 2015-03-15 16:44:21   

oh, my site is, leetomic.com

Leetomic / 2015-03-29 11:30:53   

Hi folks,

I figured that out by simply hiding exhibit titles.
Now I can show only Section title and when it's clicked, it goes to over and over format.

only one problem i have is, when you click the exhibit title called
"Test" from over and over page, it doesn't go back to visual index.
in other words, unlike other exhibit titles, "test" doesn't work as sort of home button.

passwords: 1234
leetomic.com/index.php/test/

leetomic.com/index.php/test/

Rebecca_Langebaek / 2015-04-23 18:25:05   

Hi Leetomic.

Just had a look at your website.. looks really nice! I'm myself trying to do a full-on background, do you have any tips?

Furthermore, I'm trying to make a line in the middle of the link hover, but I can't seem to find it in the 'color picker test' in 'plugins', can you help me out?

Thanks

hanni / 2015-05-29 14:17:21   

Hello,
I solved the problem on my main site (rosarai dot de), but now that I'm building up a bilingual site, meaning a second Indexhibit on the same databse, links dont work quite the right way. (rosarai dot de slash en). The first two sections dont work as links and I dont know how where to link them to the vivsual index overview page.
Please help! Btw both sites are in english yet, I'll change that once I'm done with the setting up.

gana, its not my website, its from simon prades.

Vaska A / 2015-05-30 01:10:04   

Disable expanding menus since you don't need them on the EN version. They are killing the links to your work (which is what they are supposed to do technically).

hanni / 2015-05-30 07:31:21   

many thanks, vaska! i would have searched myself a bear otherwise. :D

This thread has been closed, thank you.