long menu back to lower position

nicolasdangelo / 2015-06-14 18:52:38   

hello,
maybe this is an easy one. i searched the forums already...

in my site there's a plugin called 'Movement script for #menu v1.0', which i assumed is for fixing the position of the menu when the menu is too long to fit the screen and a lower link is being navigated. I have the plugin activated but i doesn't seem to work.
Daniel Eatock's site works this way, for example.

In my case, i've been going back and forth between using indexpand or not... but if i don't, i can't make the menu stay/go back to the position it was before clicking on a (low) menu link.

I like indexpand, but i don't quite completely feel comfortable with the hovering option (especially when section have many exhibits), while if i use the click option the links to sections don't seem to work anymore as such (they only serve to expand contract the section). maybe this can be corrected...

thanks a lot for your help.

nico

nicolasdangelo.info

Vaska A / 2015-06-14 20:11:11   

It does not work with Indexpand.

I don't like the hover option either but people forced me to do it - oof.

It can't really be corrected, the section links, because if you wish for them to expand, the link option has to go (it's really a logic issue).

The good news is that for selected sections, you can ignore using Indexpand (it's in the options). This may or may not work out for you...again, it's a logic issue.

nicolasdangelo / 2015-06-15 00:41:56   

i know i can assign indexpand to selected sections. i have yet to explore that a bit and see how it feels...

but anyway, i was saying that the movement script doesn't work on my site even without indexpand. right now i have indexpand disabled and movement script enabled, and when i navigate to lower menu items they are out of the screen when the page loads.

do you know why this might be, that in my case movement script doesn't work?

This thread has been closed, thank you.