Indexhibit
Index + Exhibit

Login:

Created by
Daniel Eatock
Jeffery Vaska
And You

Indexhibit was updated to version 2.1.4 on April 10, 2017.

Customizing/Refining Image Max Size

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is not resolved.

coleorloff
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Selecting 700px as IMAGE MAX SIZE in Over and Over resizes the maximum dimension of an image to 700px. I.e. the max width of a horizontal image becomes 700px and the max height of a vertical image also becomes 700px.

I'd like to change the image max size settings so that the resizing to 700px only effects width of an image. So that vertical images can be 700px wide.

CSS solutions are fine, but I don't mind diving into the source code to find out where those max values are set. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

The easiest way to do this is simply with CSS on the frontend. Just make your own theme, et voila...

coleorloff
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

And I'm theming up right now actually...

On mobile, I added some css and it's working quite nicely – everything ends up at the same width (both vertical images and horizontal images).

But on desktop I don't think CSS will work because vertically-oriented images and horizontally-oriented images never have the same horizontal axis length. In this case it's because I'm using Over and Over to set the max image sizes and then using No Show + dropping the images in the provided field to create each page layout.

I could resize all the photos and then re-upload them but because Indexhibit already works so well and it's probably quicker in the long run, I'd rather limit the image sizes with the backend then go through and re-edit every image.

If you can let me know where this all happens in the source or why vertically-oriented images get their vertical axis cut down when you set the max size instead of the horizontal axis that would be a great place to start.

Again, thanks.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

It works via a "bounding box" - not horizontal or vertical but the one which is most. Chaning that...is a bitch.

CSS is the way to go.

coleorloff
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Right on.

Thanks for the help.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

However, if you dig through the /ndxzsite/config/options.php file you will find that you can change default image sizes. 700px might not be enough...change it to what you need (and what your webhost can handle).

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 posts in Forum » Customize » Customizing/Refining Image Max Size

Only purchasers of Indexhibit are able to post in the forum.