Upgraded php and 2.1 -- database problem?

wades9 / 2017-01-04 12:19:31   

Backed up site, had hosting company upgrade php to 5.5 and then deleted the previous ndxzstudio folder, uploaded the 2.1 version. Now accessing site only downloads the index.php file. Restoring backup doesn't help. Did performing the php upgrade require me to create a new database and re-install indexhibit entirely? The previously working database is still on the server and is OK. Thanks!
site: adamdeibert.com

Vaska A / 2017-01-04 15:01:38   

If it's downloading on you like that - it means that php is not turned on. Ask your host about this...

wades9 / 2017-01-04 21:33:29   

Thanks, checked with the hosting tech support and it looks like they've rolled back php to 5.3 for the site using indexhibit, so I'm back where I started -- not able to install 2.1...
Any tips how to proceed?

"I have added the following to your "/home/_____/public_html/adamdeibert.com/.htaccess" file to load PHP 5.3 for it :

# Custom Legacy PHP 5.3 handler placed by host
AddType application/x-httpd-php53 .php5 .php4 .php .php3 .php2 .phtml
suPHP_ConfigPath /usr/local/lib/php53.ini
# End Custom Legacy PHP 5.3 handler placed by host

adamdeibert.com/ appears to now load properly, and "other site they also host" remains loading PHP 5.5.

Vaska A / 2017-01-05 05:07:34   

You need php 5.4 or greater. 5.3 was released nearly 10 years ago...your host can move forward.

If you don't do it now, you will have to do so later - php has forced some changes on us (which is perfectly fair).

wades9 / 2017-01-05 08:11:16   

I'm totally onboard with moving on and up with the php and their tech support yesterday was onboard as well. But it appears a different tech support person rolled the site back from 5.5 to 5.3 to get it to function, overlooking the initial request for 5.5 in order to get the new version of my CMS to work... Back where I started...
Is it possible there was some sort of problem with the installation when they upgraded it to 5.5? Is that something that happens? I'll go back to the hosting company and see if I can get it straightened out...

Vaska A / 2017-01-06 00:46:17   

I have no idea what your host is doing...

It will function with php 5.2 and probably earlier...but not very well (losing most functionality). I'm not going to make it work on php versions that old...too much work and it's way outdated. Upgrade your host if need be.

wades9 / 2017-03-08 00:51:53   

Just want to update that the hosting company reinstalled php 5.5, I was able to update to indexhibit 2.1.4 and it's all working smoothly. Thanks again for the help, and for continuing to develop indexhibit.

Vaska A / 2017-03-08 01:12:08   

Thanks for the update! ;)

This thread has been closed, thank you.