website running real slow

tmmccc / 2017-03-24 19:25:59   

hi all,
my website is running terribly slow as of lately.
is it because of all the exhibits on it or perhaps is due to some more technical stuff.
any help is much appreciated, thank you.

tmmccc / 2017-03-24 19:26:38   

tommasocuccia.com

Vaska A / 2017-03-24 22:16:22   

Indexhibit is not very heavy on the server. Your problems are mostly one of these...

- your site was hacked and there is something in the htaccess or any of the index.php files that should not be there. There are threads around here about being hacked.

- your server is oversold (sadly this is somewhat common). The database is being overused by somebody else on the server and you just have to wait it out. You will have to talk to your host about this but they will likely tell you nothing is wrong (pretty frustrating).

- weird DNS issues. I very much doubt this is the problem.

Who is your host?

tmmccc / 2017-03-28 22:29:28   

Thank you Vaska for your prompt reply. My host is Aruba.it

tmmccc / 2017-03-28 22:33:49   

I've contacted them already and I'm waiting for their response.
As for hacking, well, that'd suck big time since I'm not comfortable playing around with my index. files. It's been a while since I set up my account so I hope this issue is on the host's end.

Vaska A / 2017-03-28 22:40:48   

Backup your site every time you are done making changes to files. It saves you tons of headaches in moments like this.

You could update your site files again...backup what you have (just in case)...upgrade your files (be sure to read the notes in the main page of our site)...it will help if it was hacked.

But, see what your host has to say about the database first. This many days later though? I would guess it was hacked...

tmmccc / 2017-03-30 21:13:01   

"hacked" ... now that word scares the soul out of me.
Is gonna be an hustle to get it back to work?
Can my host do something about it or will it be entirely up to me?
Thank you again for your quick reply.
I will check the threads on hacking...

tmmccc / 2017-03-30 21:57:04   

My host just replied, saying that I may have to optimize my tables on my MySql. They're also saying that "all resources seem equally distributed".

So I guess that the main issue is that my server may be oversold. Like you said: they're saying that nothing is wrong...yes, pretty frustrating.

I doubt it got hacked now, no?

Vaska A / 2017-03-30 22:34:44   

Yes, this is what they always say.

I don't see evidence that it was hacked but you should look. Check the .htaccess file and the root index.php for starters - it should be enough to tell.

tmmccc / 2017-04-10 10:40:27   

So sorry for the late reply, I'm traveling.

Ive just been informed that my site has been compromised.

I'm a troglodite regarding all things programming, etc... All I knew when I set up my site has been wiped out.

They wrote me how to delete, re-upload all folders of my site, but right now I'm quite tight time-wise and can't fully focus on it. I'll check my tables/folders once again and see it myself. Then I'll hit the forums looking for hacking threads.

Right when I thought that my schedule couldn't get busier...

tmmccc / 2017-04-18 09:44:16   

It was indeed a minor hacking issue, which is now completely taken care of. Thank you Vaska for the immediate respond.

This thread has been closed, thank you.