CAN'T ACCESS MY WEBSITE

ola / 2017-06-29 22:46:33   

Hey! I have website built with indexhibit and i love it! its so easy to use and nice for viewers' eyes... HOWEVER I can't access it. Last time I uploaded some pictures was a year ago..i know its a long time, but until then never had problems. and now the link through which I always logged seems not to exist and i get this communicate:

404 Not Found

The request /indexhibit/ndxz-studio/ was not found on this server.

do you know what could have happened? How can I access my website to edit it?? ...

best regards, ola

ola / 2017-06-29 22:47:22   

-ah! my website address is olagrochowska.com...

owenyzone / 2017-07-06 16:12:20   

I'm getting something similar. I can edit the exhibit pages, but when I try to alter the Pre Nav Text on the admin section I get this:
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ndxzstudio/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

It's a while since I have made changes, so I've forgotten a lot the procedures.

Any suggestions, anyone??

Vaska A / 2017-07-06 16:23:18   

That sounds like a mod_security (server) issue blocking you. Ask your webhost if it's installed and if they see anything in the logs for your site - have them adjust accordingly or disable it. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about that.

owenyzone / 2017-07-06 17:44:25   

Thanks for the quick response, I'll try that.

It seems odd that I could edit the exhibits, upload pictures etc. but not change the theme or edit the Pre-nav and post-nav.
Could that be the case if there's a mod_security issue?

Vaska A / 2017-07-06 18:59:33   

yes.

owenyzone / 2017-07-13 17:07:39   

It was indeed a mod security issue and has now been fixed by the webhosts. I don't know what a mod_security issue is but you nailed it.

Thanks again for your speedy assistance.

This thread has been closed, thank you.