Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

dragoshanciu / 2017-08-11 07:49:04   

Hello.

It's been a while since I last asked for help here
I have a website: dragoshanciu.com (v2.x can't remember exactly, I intalled in November 2014) on dreamhost.com. I bought another domain: ap.space and I installed Indexhibit on it as well (v2.14).

The thing is that my first website is not working anymore. when I access dragoshanciu.com I get this message displayed on my browser

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzstudio/db/db.mysql.php:41 Stack trace: #0 /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzstudio/db/db.mysql.php(24): Db->initialize() #1 /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzstudio/common.php(169): Db->__construct() #2 /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzstudio/lib/core.php(113): load_class('db', true, 'db') #3 /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzstudio/lib/core.php(36): Core->load_db() #4 /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzstudio/common.php(169): Core->Core() #5 /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/index.php(41): load_class('core', true, 'lib') #6 {main} thrown in /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzstudio/db/db.mysql.php on line 41

I have a backup of my site from 25 March 2016 and I tried to replace the actual db.mysql.php file from the FTP with the one from my backup but still no results.

Please let me know what I can do. I have no web training and no friends to help on this one. So if you have any suggestions, give me a little bit more details

thanks.
d.

Vaska A / 2017-08-11 16:19:44   

You need to be on a newer version of PHP.

Wait, mysql_connect doesn't work after PP 5.6. I don't think you are truly upgrade because the newer files use mysqli_connect. Your problem lies somewhere in there...

dragoshanciu / 2017-08-12 20:36:31   

Hey Vaska, thanks for posting back

I found the problem: I accessed my domain settings from dreamhost. I had php 7.1 instead of 5.6.

I should upgrade indexhibit for php 7.1 compatibly?

This thread has been closed, thank you.