fatal error / memory size?

ademones1215 / 2017-09-24 21:25:56   

Hey all, I've tried looking at the threads, but nothing has helped me.

adrienjdemones.com

I keep on getting this message when i try to access my website. what steps should I take to fix it?
thank you,
adrien

Vaska A / 2017-09-24 21:42:08   

There are some thread around here on this already...it means that your login/password to the database have been changed or the db user lost its privileges.

ademones1215 / 2017-09-24 21:56:58   

Vaska, thank you for your response.
So I need to restore my database user privileges? If so, how?

tarjan17 / 2017-09-26 21:02:26   

The database is on the hosting server, you have to login to your hosting server, then look there for the MySQL databases. There is usually an option to show all the databases, the users of the databases, to add an user to a database and change the user password.

If you forgot the name of the MySQL database connected to your Indexhibit installation and/or the user name for it, you can find them in the file ndxzsite/config/config.php. on your hosting server.

ademones1215 / 2017-10-03 02:31:46   

Hey Tarjan117,
I have access to my files and database on my server. Are you saying this issue can be solved by simply changing my password ?

tarjan17 / 2017-10-04 16:31:26   

Hi,

I think you should first take a look at the database which is connected to your Indexhibit installation. To check if the database user lost his privileges or not: ckeck who are the privileged users for this database. The database user name you find in the file ndxzsite/config/config.php should be listed there. If it is listed, the next step would be to check if this user has "all" the privileges on the database.

If he has "all" the privileges, then (following what Vaska said) the problem must be a password issue. Which means, that the database password for this user has been changed and you need to change it back to the password you see in the ndxzsite/config/config.php file.

Vaska A / 2017-10-04 17:55:25   

thanks for helping out tarjan! much appreciated...

your webhost provides some means of checking the user privileges - you should ask them about this. i have noticed in past years that on some hosts privileges are broken and the easiest thing to do is create a new database user (and password), add it to your database, and then update the config as tarjan mentions.

i recommend you backup your site now - just because it's a good thing to do. this is really a simple database login issue (i'm pretty sure) and you can resolve it. your site and database are not damaged.

tarjan17 / 2017-10-05 21:58:58   

thanks for helping out tarjan! much appreciated...

tarjan17 / 2017-10-05 22:03:01   

Hi Vaska,

no problem. I installed Indexhibit for some friends who didn't want to use any other CMS and they are now very happy with their site. I'll do the maintenance for them too, so I spent some time to learn the basics of the system and made already more installations until it worked. I thought, I could use this experience and contribute something to topics that I understand.

This thread has been closed, thank you.