Popular Exhibits section

alexzafiris / 2017-12-01 22:58:40   

Hi everyone,

I was looking at my statistics and under the 'Popular Exhibits' section is a link that has nothing to do with me -- I have no idea how it came about.

/index.php/root/://linkedin.com/in/janellezara/
/index.php/index.php/root/://linkedin.com/in/janellezara/

I do not have a LinkedIn exhibit on my site, nor anything to do with Ms Zara. We are connected on LinkedIn, but that's it, we've never even met in person. So I can't figure out what this means. Is it a bug?

I have not seen something like this before. I check statistics regularly. Usually if someone clicks on my site url I can see where it comes from, and it is in the 'Top Referrers' section.

Thank you for any insight. My site is alexzafiris.com

Alex

Vaska A / 2017-12-01 23:02:23   

We can not control who is linking to your website.

From the very beginning, I've said that the statistics system is very rudimentary. If you want really good info you should setup Google Analytics. Making our statistics amazing is not a small undertaking...it's beyond the scope.

alexzafiris / 2017-12-02 16:36:10   

Hi Vaska,

Thanks for your response, however I am still unclear.

I do know that you have recommended Google Analytics. This is not about people linking to me.

This about an exhibit. I have no exhibit with this name, it does not exist, I have not created it. So I am just trying to understand how it showed up. If there is a bug in my system, or theirs, etc, so I can take appropriate action.

That's my question. Thanks again for any insight.

Vaska A / 2017-12-02 17:20:09   

It's probably catching everything - including wrong or malformed url's.

This thread has been closed, thank you.