Keep seeing the 'you are already installed' msg even after deleting config file

tonyyyy / 2019-04-26 12:22:00   

I'm going in circles trying to instal indexhibit and it keeps telling me you are already installed.

I have tried deleting the config file i still get the same message 'you are already installed" and it creates another config.php file in the config folder. It never lets me see the next screen to create my username password, etc.

I can't think of what else I could be missing. The database I created via namecheap hosting, it's MySql, and i've got all the correct database server details and namecheap have been super helpful in troubleshooting with me.

Is there anything else it could be? your help is much appreciated

I also found these posts which seemed to have similar issues but were solved via email, so not sure what was done:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/15461/
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/19418/
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/21028/
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/16544/

Vaska A / 2019-04-26 14:44:17   

Try going to /ndxzstudio/ and logging in with index1 / exhibit.

None of those threads are actually the same problem...

tonyyyy / 2019-04-26 22:44:17   

I get a 'login err' if i try that. Could it be anything else?

The databases seem unchanged (they still have 0.00mb and no tables). The hosting provider asked what the exact PHP requirements are - although it is the latest version they upgraded.

hellocamthorpe / 2019-05-10 15:40:36   

Im getting the same thing as tonyyyy,

As Vaska suggested I next went to /ndxzstudio/ and used index1/exhibit and also get "login err"

rzbel / 2019-05-23 17:09:39   

I am also having this problem. I don't see options to confirm password anywhere when I get to the screen where you enter your database credentials.

Trying to reset my password gives me the same results. PHP version is 7.3.5, mySQL is 5.7. Any ideas?

Thank you.

wcjUFFKINS / 2019-06-12 10:58:10   

I am also getting the same errors. Tried to use the reset password plugin but that didn't work, and upon reinstalling i got the 'already installed' error message, I'm also through namecheap, perhaps its specific to namecheap hosting?

Pleaseeee help I've been trying to figure this out for weeks now, Thankyou!!

wcjUFFKINS / 2019-06-12 10:59:34   

I am also getting the same errors. Tried to use the reset password plugin but that didn't work, and upon reinstalling i got the 'already installed' error message, I'm also through namecheap, perhaps its specific to namecheap hosting?

Pleaseeee help I've been trying to figure this out for weeks now, Thankyou!!

g0iii / 2019-08-22 12:12:14   

The same problem...

The databases seem unchanged (they still have 0.00mb and no tables).

mongeymongey / 2019-10-15 19:10:22   

I have the same issue and I am also using namecheap, were you guys able to solve this issue?

mongeymongey / 2019-10-15 21:37:12   

just a quick update on this, I tried to host indexhibit on a free hosting 000webhost just to know where the problem lies and apparently there's something wrong with namecheap hosting that doesn't work with indexhibit, I am not sure what exactly but I will try to contact namecheap to know if there's a solution to said issue.

benschmidt1 / 2019-10-18 23:18:14   

Ahhh. Thanks mongeymongey. I'm soooo disappointed in Namecheap. It is them. They asked me to use a tunneling workaround.

This thread has been closed, thank you.