Adding new users

Endolf / 2010-09-05 22:35:40   

Hi, was wondering if it's possible to add more than 1 user to indexhibit, so that multiple users and add content to a site.

Thanks

Endolf

Vaska A / 2010-09-05 23:37:38   

This is a built-in feature coming in the future - not too far away (but don't ask me when).

However, you could easily replicate a record in the ndxz_users table to setup more accounts - which I realize is not ideal but it does work and users can change their pwd info...etc.

If this doesn't work let me know...you may need to adjust one other thing but I can't remember what it is right now.

;)

nicolas / 2010-10-04 16:37:16   

Vaska, can you give a bit more detail on this plz?? How would one go about replicating a record to create multiple accounts.

A multiple user feature for indexhibit is eagerly anticipated.

Vaska A / 2010-10-04 16:41:19   

Anticipated and it is coming...yes.

Go into your database with PHPMyAdmin (your host provides this) and find the ndxz_users table. Browse. "Edit" the only record that is there. Take out the "ID" (make it blank). Edit the userid with a new login. At the bottom of the page, make sure you set the thing to insert the record as a new one. Then, save the changes...

Then, you can login with the new login and the old password...go to Preferences and change the login/pwd to whatever you want.

nicolas / 2010-10-04 16:57:03   

Holy shite Vaska, thanks for the quick reply, works like a charm. You have opened up new worlds of possibility for me!

nicolas / 2010-10-04 17:04:30   

Now for the hard part: Is it possible to password protect individual exhibits so that each user has access only to one?

Vaska A / 2010-10-04 17:18:19   

Each user? Not sure what that means...

This is a feature that is coming as well. But, there isn't really an easy way to do this for the moment.

What are you building? Is this for a school project? Send me a note if you want at: contact [at] indexhibit [dot] org

meggs / 2013-09-28 11:36:29   

Any update on this feature? No?

arsondpi / 2013-09-28 11:49:30   

If I understand well you're using Indexhibit Version 2.
Have you seen the Users tab (Admin>Users) ?
You can add new users and even use a few of features for each one as well.

* I'm closing this thread as it's old and refers to Legacy version sites...

This thread has been closed, thank you.