Problems reinstalling

Lauren_Radley / 2011-05-21 03:16:31   

Hello, apologies for the continuous postings. I just want to give it one last try and wondered if anybody could help?

So, I had successfully uploaded Indexhibit a few days ago but decided to uninstall and start again as I had accidentally deleted the ‘about this page’

So I deleted the Indexhibit folders in my FTP as I thought this would allow me to simply reinstall and start again. Obviously it didn't, so I then went on to make the mistake of deleting my database (rather than the folders inside it). I have made a new one again now though and viewed it on phpmyadmin and it says it is empty.

I thought I could simply reinstall the Indexhibit files onto the public html folder on my FTP and start all over again, but this does not seem to be working (often it says ‘uploadd error’ or something similar).
I am trying over and over to reinstall the inedxhibit files. It successfully installed them again once, but then when I went to http://www.laurenradley.com/ndxz-studio/install.php
It said Not Found
The requested URL /ndxz-studio/install.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help if you can. I’ve been doing this and getting quite frustrated for days and I want to get going on making my site if I can. Or is this a hopeless case? I’ve contacted my host a few times, but as I am not sure really what I am doing wrong, it is difficult for me to explain to them and ask for help. Also I have read lots of the forum threads but really cant get my head around the propblem.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this message and hopefully helping in anyway.

Lauren

pernin / 2011-05-21 03:38:02   

your install is there: http://www.laurenradley.com/ndxz-studio/install.php

it usually takes a few hours when you make a new database for it to be actually ready for install

good luck :-)

Lauren_Radley / 2011-05-21 03:47:53   

Thank you for your quick reply.

Well...I just managed to login under http://www.laurenradley.com/ndxz-studio/ and it gave me the green light and said everything was ok and got to the 'Exhibits' editing page and was very excited thinking I'd fixed it!

But then when I clicked on 'view your site' it looks like this

Warning: include(/home/laur3722/public_html/ndxz-studio/site/plugin/index.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laur3722/public_html/index.php on line 60

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/laur3722/public_html/ndxz-studio/site/plugin/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/laur3722/public_html/index.php on line 60

Warning: include(/home/laur3722/public_html/ndxz-studio/site/plugin/exhibit.grow.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laur3722/public_html/ndxz-studio/lib/front.php on line 48

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/laur3722/public_html/ndxz-studio/site/plugin/exhibit.grow.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/laur3722/public_html/ndxz-studio/lib/front.php on line 48
Lauren Radley Illustration
About This Site

Any ideas?! It doesn't look too good! I really thought I'd cracked it for a moment though :S
Please help if you can.
Lauren

pernin / 2011-05-21 03:56:26   

check with ftp that the files mentioned really are there. You may have missed loading up a whole original installation of indexhibit...

Lauren_Radley / 2011-05-21 04:03:27   

Thank you, and Im sorry, but how do I do this?
Im so uncomputer savvy its untrue!
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks

pernin / 2011-05-21 04:11:17   

the warnings say you are missing these two files:

ndxz-studio/site/plugin/index.php
ndxz-studio/site/plugin/exhibit.grow.php

you must have used some kind of ftp program (cyberduck?, filezilla?) to upload indexhibit to your site for installation. It appears that you failed to upload these two files, they are anyway missing...

you need to reupload these two files using your ftp program, exactly those files in exactly those directories

be sure to upload the correct index.php from your original files, there are several of them. the correct one is this one:
ndxz-studio/site/plugin/index.php

once you've done this go to http://www.laurenradley.com/ and see if it works or if there are some more warnings

godd luck

Lauren_Radley / 2011-05-21 04:35:04   

Thank you so much!
Fingers crossed but so far it all seems to be working again.
Can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.
Hopefully things will all go smoothly from now on!
Cheers
Lauren

hassmaricar1 / 2013-07-04 01:41:11   

hello i am trying to reupload and old backed up site, i have backed up and loaded the database, but i have no idea where my backed up files and folders go? can someone kindly help me!! i have been on the threads for 4 days.. nonstop! ha!
peace

arsondpi / 2013-07-04 10:19:47   

Hello hassmaricar1.

You don't really need to bounce all these threads - it's confusing, lol.

Anyhow -
A backup of all your files and folders should be in the old server.
Along with the backup database you just need to read these instructions: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/5398/

boulais / 2013-07-31 13:18:45   

Hello, i buy new version CMS2, tow weeks ago.
Is it possible for you to make the instalation in distance.
I ve got this error: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homez.322/studiomae/www/ndxzstudio/install.php on line 25"
best regards

arsondpi / 2013-07-31 15:56:32   

Ask your host to enable php5 in your server.

This thread has been closed, thank you.