Updated Site Lacks Links

michaeloew / 2012-09-25 01:56:41   

Dear lovely Indexhibit sages, I have a story:

When the new version of Indexhibit got up and running, my site suddenly popped up with three sentences in the background of every page, describing deprecations in the code. I was also unable to edit pages of my site; every time I clicked "save" I was asked to log in again.

Time to upgrade, I thought.

Well, after following all the upgrade instructions, my site no longer has the three sentences describing deprecated code. But that's because it now has nothing except a menu whose links no longer function. Essentially, I've lost my site and I have no clue where to start picking up the pieces. Perhaps I'm in over my head, as the tutorials on this page were pretty far beyond my levels of comprehension:

indexhibit.org/tutorials/upgrade/updating-templates-and-exhibit-formats/

...though I'm realizing that some things on that page might simply not have been edited and are thus in their current state a bit unhelpful, such as this sentence:

"Variables should be changed from:

-> Updating templates and exhibit formats"

Is there an Obi-Wan-Kenobe in the house who can provide some hope for version 2.0? Or even help me revert to my old site without the sentences about deprecations? I will be extremely grateful for your help and will dedicate a large portion of every page to thanking Indexhibit for being such a great platform, assuming I can ever edit my site again ;)

Thank you!

michaeloew / 2012-09-25 02:03:33   

I forgot to mention; my site is michaeloew.com

arsondpi / 2012-09-25 07:15:40   

Hello!

...let's take one thing at a time - check these results: indexhibit.org/forum/search/

schitti / 2012-09-27 16:52:49   

Hi, have the same problem. But i can not read out any information from your posted link. What can we ( michaeloew and i ) do?

Thanks for help!

Vaska A / 2012-09-27 17:01:40   

Please explain what the problem is...I don't actually understand the first post.

michaeloew / 2012-09-30 13:34:45   

Thanks to arsondpi I was able to get rid of the "no input file selected" text that popped up under every index link. I made sure the main file was called .htaccess and I edited the options.php file in the appropriate folder. Now, under the editing mode, I finally see all the pages from my previous site which I thought I'd lost!

However, outside of editing mode (how the rest of the world views my site), instead of seeing "no input text selected" under each index link, I now saw "Fatal error: Class 'exhibit' not found in /home/content/m/i/c/michaeloew/html/ndxzstudio/common.php on line 114"

After a bit of head-scratching and fiddling around, I realized this was probably due to an exhibit format I haven't properly updated, since when I switched each index over to one of the standard formats I was able to see it again. It's still not the site I used to have, but at least it's still all there, and I'll now look at the forums related to updating formats.

Also, schitti, the link given to us by arsondpi was a link to all the forum posts related to people having the text "no input file selected" when clicking around their site. I found this one to be very useful:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/15290/

Thanks arsondpi!

This thread has been closed, thank you.