Problems with updating themes and exhibits after upgrading to Indexhibit v2.0.1

pkz / 2012-12-02 11:38:47   

Dear Vaska and arsondpi,

As I was explaining in this thread: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/17604/
I have purchased yesterday version 2. I started upgrading, I encountered some problems with the permissions, which were solved after talking to my host and now I'm experiencing some issues with the update process, since my webpage is completely blank, although all my exhibits are viewable inside ndxzstudio.
I would appreciate it, if you have a look an not close this thread.

By the way I purchased version 2, because I was experiencing too many problems with my old version, which I had been using for about 3 years (if I remember correctly). There were bugs like not being able to upload images anymore and instead manually inserting them through my FTP application.

So, could you have a look at my updating problem?
Thanks!

pkz / 2012-12-02 15:15:18   

Update: I switched back to the old version, since I couldn't find a solution, although I've done quite some reading in the forum's threads and the relevant issues mentioned by other users.

Vaska A / 2012-12-02 15:57:59   

You purchased with another account? Which one?

pkz / 2012-12-02 17:02:10   

Edited by Vaska

Let's not post transacction id's, etc. around here. ;)

Vaska A / 2012-12-02 17:03:49   

Which account? PKZ doesn't show the purchase...you didn't purchase with that account.

pkz / 2012-12-02 17:07:10   

Would you like forwarding to your e-mail my PayPal Receipt?
I

Vaska A / 2012-12-02 17:08:31   

Yes. Now I'm afraid something is wrong with our system - this isn't making sense. We see you as an uregistered user.

contact at indexhibit dot org

Thanks

Vaska A / 2012-12-02 18:36:32   

Yep, pkz2. We'll merge the accounts so things make sense and get on with the important building of things. ;)

pkz / 2012-12-03 23:34:51   

Hi there,

I hope my accounts are already merged, so as to start upgrading/updating my website again.
I try to understand though what might have gone wrong last time. So, I would like to double-check some things considering the updating process:
- Plugins are found within ndxzsite/plugin.
- Css changes are applied in ndxzstudio/asset/css.
What about Variables though? I'm troubled about this one.
Maybe this is a confusion point also for others, but having written down the paths is really helpful.

Thank you!

This thread has been closed, thank you.