A record

felixrcid / 2013-07-07 19:14:22   

Hello
My site went down all the sudden. Apparently the provider and server had a problem on time lapsing payments and they mess with the name server address. My server is asking for the A record of my indexhibit to reinstall my web. PLease anyone know how can I get that A record? I am sorry I really have no idea of what that is. I can not even access to my indexhibit studio any more. It says 304 error, page not found.
I am sorry for my ignorance about the issue. I should know better at this point.

Thanks a lot

Felix

arsondpi / 2013-07-07 21:42:16   

I had no idea of what an A record is so I searched the web.
Apparently: An A record (Address Record) points a domain or subdomain to an IP address.

So all this is kind of confusing.
Are your files, folders and database intact? If so ask your host or domain registrar for help.
You're paying them so they should be able to help you...

Vaska A / 2013-07-07 22:11:23   

The A record would not have anything to do with Indexhibit functioning. If it was correct, then your website would be working. As Pindaros says, you should ask your domain registrar or webhost about this.

It's not an Indexhibit issue...

felixrcid / 2013-07-08 01:38:33   

Thank you so much for your responds. I got so frustrated with them that the only solution I saw was just start from scratch and upload it all again. So I am on it. By the time I will find the right help from them I will be done.

Again, Thanks a lot guys.

Felix

This thread has been closed, thank you.