Installation Problem

chuckyatsuk / 2013-07-12 17:57:26   

Im able to install tables to the database but as it is doing that the install breaks. Additionally if you just go to /ndxzstudio (before or after the install) you just get this string of text "‹rI,ILJ,NUÈ,VÈË/QÈÌ+.IÌÉIMÑÿÿƒ" instead of "Database is not installed."

I have wordpress installed on this server and other php mysql software with no problems any ideas as to what is causing this to break?

Vaska A / 2013-07-12 18:12:42   

How are you using Indexhibit v2 if you haven't requested or purchased it from our site?

chuckyatsuk / 2013-07-12 18:13:48   

To clarify, i'm helping someone with their indexhibit v2 install, so it is not my license!

chuckyatsuk / 2013-07-12 18:14:40   

Im trying to get their username info so the request can come from their account but they are off the grid today..

Vaska A / 2013-07-12 18:18:43   

That's fine, but I'd like to know what their account name is. We had a question like this a couple days ago - is it the same person?

I have never seen this problem before. And, I believe, that something else on the server is interferring...

chuckyatsuk / 2013-07-12 18:29:47   

Yep just found the old post in troubleshooting, wasn't aware that it had already been addressed. Wordpress installs /functions fine to the server , i've never seen anything like it before either. Thanks for your help

Vaska A / 2013-07-12 18:35:23   

I have a feeling that it's somehow related to htaccess. That the server might only respond from the root htaccess file and after installation it's doing weird things.

It's my best guess...

I'm going to close this thread as you've found the original thread. ;)

This thread has been closed, thank you.