Problem at www.yourdomain.com/ndxzstudio/install.php

fromherelive / 2013-07-31 03:21:32   

I see that other people have asked similar questions, and I have tried various things to try to get this to work. I follow the installation directions, but when I get to where I have to insert samanthaobman.net/ndxzstudio/…, I get

Page Not Found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

I am hosting with iPage and have asked about all the things like the Apache server and Php information, and that was all good. I put the unloaded Indexhibit files in the web root. What else is there to do? At one point I deleted all the files I had and reloaded the Indexhibit files.

arsondpi / 2013-07-31 06:49:03   

Are you sure that its the web root?
Because then you ought to have access to the installation page.

fromherelive / 2013-07-31 13:27:00   

When I contacted Ipage, they told me that my web root was "/." Then I have three folders under that:
__MACOSX
Indexhibit
stats

Then there is a globe symbol next to
phpinfo.php

Should the Indexhibit be in the one with the globe symbol? Or should there be something else?

arsondpi / 2013-07-31 15:58:06   

Oh then your files and folders are currently here: samanthaobman.net/Indexhibit/ndxzstudio/…

You need to move the contents from the Indexhibit folder to the root (/) directory

fromherelive / 2013-07-31 16:34:26   

Thank you so much for your help! I've spent hours trying to figure this out!

This thread has been closed, thank you.