upgrading didn't work.

ChrisClaus / 2013-09-11 22:40:49   

Hello,
I tried to upgrade my website by following those steps; Upgrading to Indexhibit 2 from version 0.73 or older but in the end I can't find any of my old stuff for my old version. Do I have to re-do my website from scratch?
I don't know if I did something wrong or if I should re-do the whole thing again.
Here is my link: kiritinbeyer.com

Keep me updated if you have any ideas. Thanks,

arsondpi / 2013-09-12 05:38:06   

Hello!

I don't really know what you've done. If you upgraded you should still have access to your old site (kiritinbeyer.com/…)
Have you kept backups of your files, folders and database as advised before upgrading?

ChrisClaus / 2013-09-12 12:42:46   

Hello,
Yes I kept a backup of everything, the entire website, database & cPanelBackup. Actually a changed hosting and so I needed to upgrade to version 2. I uploaded my old website via FTP and I imported my SQL folder into PHPadmin on my new hosting and from there I followed the instruction for the upgrade.
My old hosting expired. Maybe because I upgraded while changing hosting I missed a step. Thanks for your help.

arsondpi / 2013-09-12 13:03:22   

But before you upgraded did you see if the old site was working?
Meaning that when transfering to a new host you most likely need to update the config.php file with connects Indexhibit with the database.

ChrisClaus / 2013-09-12 13:22:59   

No it wasn't working. My new hosting told me my website version was too old and I needed the upgrade to PHP5. In the meantime my old hosting expired but I backup everything.
Ok so if I didn't update my php before transferring there is nothing I can do, right?

arsondpi / 2013-09-12 13:28:10   

What I meant is that you ought to have the correct database connection details from your Legacy version site, update them for your new host and then upgrade.

ChrisClaus / 2013-09-12 13:36:22   

Do I update them by just replacing the config.php file? Sorry I'm novice and learning.

arsondpi / 2013-09-12 13:50:53   

No open the config.php file in a code editor.
Make sure that it is the correct database details: when you imported the old Legacy version somethings must have changed. Check the Database Server Address, Database Name, Database Username, Database Password.
Then try to upgrade... from scratch (meaning that you delete the existing Version 2 files and database, mainly so you don't get confused)

ChrisClaus / 2013-09-13 14:00:20   

Thank you so much for your help. Everything works perfectly now.

This thread has been closed, thank you.