exhibit format issue during upgrade / undefined method

tarabanski / 2013-10-29 18:32:18   

Hi Guys!

It's my second post about the same issue. I checked bunch of pages on google, and I spent a lot of time, but still I couldn't find an answer. I'm using indexhibit 0.73 for a long time with one great fullscreen plugin (zippotto/preggella) I just can't use with 2.0. I did't find any support for that...

That is only one reason why I still didn't switch for that great new version of indexhibit.

I'm sure that it's possible to use that great fullscreen plugin (works perfect with 0.73) with 2.0. You can see how it works on my old website (with indexhibit 0.73) now at goo.gl/….

Today I tried to upgrade this exhibit format and make it compatible with CS 2.0, but it still dose not work. I did everything I found in the help section here, but still I don't have any positive results.

What I did:
- put /ndxzsite/plugin/ and rename them from exhibit.$format.php to format.$format.php
- put header information at the top of the document just after the first line
- changed defaults from the general libary from:

1. $exhibit['dyn_css'] = dynamicCSS();
  2. $exhibit['lib_js'] = array('grow.vaska.js');
  3. $exhibit['exhibit'] = createExhibit();
  1. to:
  2. $OBJ->page->exhibit['dyn_css'][] = $this->dynamicCSS();
  3. $OBJ->page->add_jquery('grow.vaska.js', 26);

Of course I changed js file name form grow.vaska.js to galleria.js (and I put it into the js folder inside ndxzsite folder). I can choose this format in CSM right now, but when I did it I have this error:

1. Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::add_jquery() in /ndxzsite/plugin/format.preggella.php on line 32

Guys, do you have any idea, how yo use it with new indexhibit?

Just in the case bellow you'll find all links for all files linked with that plugin.

CSS & GFX
bielskatarabanski.com/ndxzsite/…
bielskatarabanski.com/ndxzsite/themes/fullscreen/…
bielskatarabanski.com/ndxzsite/themes/fullscreen/…

JS
bielskatarabanski.com/ndxzsite/js/…

PLUGIN
bielskatarabanski.com/ndxzsite/plugin/…

SOURCE FORMAT
tarabanski.com/bielskatarabanski/…

TEST (section on my website where I set that exhibit format)
bielskatarabanski.com/projects/test/

Thanks in advance for your support!
Best
d.

tarabanski / 2013-10-29 18:36:22   

Two more threads about this plugin/issue

indexhibit.org/forum/thread/20036/
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/10116/

Maybe it will be helpful...

Best
d.

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 19:35:06   

i don't know how we deal with these anymore. i don't want these long posts with incomplete/not working/and in some cases bad code anymore. people come in here and try things and eventually it comes back on us to deal with them.

can't you pair your post down to only pertinent parts?

does it make any sense what i said above?

;)

tarabanski / 2013-10-29 19:52:00   

Hi Vaska,
thanks for your replay. It makes sense, of course. Actually I asked the friend of mine about help with this issue, and I have done some progress. So if you may to not close this thread I'll share solution as soon as we'll fix it. :)

Meantime, have a nice day! :)

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 20:08:43   

Yes, but when you share it a bunch of people will try it, it won't do exactly what they want and then we get a bunch of questions (and I will get emails) asking why Indexhibit isn't solving all of these problems. Which is why the forum is not the right place for this...

When you have the solution post it. I might take the files and post them to our plugins area - after I have inspected to make sure they are safe, etc. And then I'll delete the thread. Maybe - I'll think about it. I'm all for options but the forum is not working for this kind of thing anymore...creates alot of confusion.

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 20:15:40   

and it makes me really happy to see you finding ways to solve these problems. even if you aren't doing the code yourself you are learning something. which is super great!

tarabanski / 2013-10-29 22:35:31   

It's absolutely understandable! Sure! :) I'll put it into a plugins area, and then we'll see a results. I'll do my best to make it "super great". ;)

This thread has been closed, thank you.