Menu not working after moving to a new domain / host

GeekSquared / 2014-04-27 20:51:40   

Hi there,

I built an indexhibit site for someone on my personal domain and now I've moved it to their domain and hosting, however now I can't navigate to anything using the menu. The URL seems to change in my browser's address bar, but it only seems to display the main page.

old: staging.geeksquared.ca/everitt/demo/

new: everittdesign.com

Can anyone help me get this fixed? I'm really not sure what to look for at this point..

Thanks!

GeekSquared / 2014-04-27 21:04:48   

I also noticed something odd with the link I made on the logo in the top left. It's adding extra information to the link back to the home page so I'm not sure if this is somehow related.

I really appreciate any help! Thanks!

GeekSquared / 2014-04-27 21:58:50   

I just wanted to add that I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to this problem.

I copied over the files, imported the database to the new host and updated the config file with the new database information, but I still can't get anywhere.

The exhibits work in the preview, but I can't navigate anywhere on the moved site :(

Vaska A / 2014-04-27 22:10:44   

You probably have not setup clean url's properly (or they work slightly differently on the new host). Simple to resolve...start by reading the clean url tutorial in Tutorials and having a search in the forum on the topic.

GeekSquared / 2014-04-27 22:17:41   

I actually never set up clean URLs on the old host, but I can try that to see if it will help on the new host.

Vaska A / 2014-04-27 22:32:07   

You are on a Windows IIS server...

I'm surprised it works as much as it does. You might need to tinker with the url stuff a bit (something custom). Or, more easily, have it placed on a Linux/Apache host - nearly all hosts will do this for free.

Windows is not in our requirements list - we don't support that.

GeekSquared / 2014-04-27 22:34:19   

Ah, damn. Well that would explain it. My other host is a linux/apache server. I will ask the host if they can switch servers since I have no idea what customization would require to make this work.

Thanks for the input though. It's a step in the right direction at least :)

This thread has been closed, thank you.