404 error

butthaus / 2014-08-20 20:19:52   

After following installation instructions , I get a 404 error at the point when i input 'domain/ndxzstudio/install.php' into my browser.

After an hour long conversation with my hosting tech support the dude suggested i just use a wordpress..which is not what i'm trying to do.

I am using hostgator's cpanel, and cyberduck ftp. I've uploaded + changed the permissions three times to no avail. Not sure what else to try. At this point i have the files uploaded to filemanager under home and also public_html. please help, thanks

Vaska A / 2014-08-20 20:21:16   

What is domain name?

The problem you are having has nothing at all to do with Indexhibit but rather simply understanding how to use FTP. I'm an incrudulous that your host made this request of you...and I will be contacting them.

butthaus / 2014-08-20 20:37:03   

domain name annekunsemiller.com -- they made an attempt to work through ftp with me, but without resolution. I'm worried that now I have the indexhibit files uploaded to my filemanager in too many places as well.

thanks for rapid response!

Vaska A / 2014-08-20 20:38:31   

Don't use their file manager. If you are on a Mac download and use the trial of Coda. If you are on a PC use Filezilla.

I can't believe how crappy they have become - this is the most basic support stuff and they simply can't help you move files to the server? No excuse for that...

Vaska A / 2014-08-20 20:40:47   

Unfortunately, I've noticed their support slipping for some time - having non-answers to many things. But this is the last straw...

butthaus / 2014-08-20 21:28:04   

thanks for your help, got this handled.

This thread has been closed, thank you.