Tags and Categories

wbkalk / 2014-11-16 23:01:19   

How do tags work exactly?

I have a portfolio-site, built with indexhibit. I have a section with multiple exhibits, each of which has an (hidden) image 'attached', so with the "Visual Index" on the main page I have created a portfolio website. The images of my exhibits are tagged with eiter "a", "b" or both "a" & "b".

I want to know if it's possible to create sections called "a" & "b", which contain the tagged images/exhibits.

I'm not skilled in building websites. Also, I'm not a native English speaker, so I hope someone will understand my question!

Thanks,

Bart K.

Vaska A / 2014-11-17 13:16:46   

As far as I know, no tagging system combines tags into a single display. You could customize something to do that though - it would probably be quite complicated.

wbkalk / 2014-11-17 15:20:17   

Then; what are tags for?

Maybe I should be more specific. I have a section called A and one called B. My exhibit X must be in both A and B.
Of course I can create new exhibits and copy/paste everything, but if I have 30 exhibits, however, it's a really annoying task. ..

So, is there a way for my exhibits to appear in more then one section?

(I thought it would work with tags, but apparently I was wrong.)

Vaska A / 2014-11-17 16:04:43   

What are they for?

They are for tagging images. You can display tags on your site using the plugin we've created - most people put the tag in their Post Nav space.

Your "exhibits" don't show in tags - just images/videos.

Tags groups are not combined...

wbkalk / 2014-11-20 23:33:26   

Okay, I thought tags were something they weren't. Anyway, thanks for your help.

One more question... Is the main page the only page with the option to set "Media Source" to "all"?

Thanks again,

Bart K.

This thread has been closed, thank you.