Indexhibit development

tasken / 2015-02-19 01:35:33   

Is Indexhibit still under development?

No news for new versions under some time...

Regards.

Vaska A / 2015-02-19 03:47:53   

Yes. But, I have zero help with the support and coding and pretty much everything else I have to do around here. And I don't have funds to hire people...it's been like this for eight years now.

What Indexhibit needed over the years was skilled coding help (it's too much for one person). Even when I had some money to spend I either simply couldn't find people or afford the help. Last spring I posted for help in the news on our site - I have never had a single reply to that. Everybody good is busy these days...

The majority of the work I've been doing over the years? Support. For instance, when this forum hit 100,000 posts I was curious how many of them were me. Nearly 70,000. That's how much time I've spent on support. It's there every day and it never relents. I've been doing it since 2007 - nights, weekends, holidays, vacations. I shouldn't be doing support anymore but I felt it was important and when the paid model was attempted it created so much pressure. Note, I'm still here helping paid users with important issues.

The big failure is that there are people who paid for Indexhibit and I have been unable to do the things I wanted for them. The business has failed - and there will be some announcements soon about things. I no longer pay myself (I never made much from any of this despite alot of people asking me if I was rich now).

I am one person and can not compete against other free cms's with hundreds of millions (and now billions) of investment. Indexhibit was never funded - always bootstrapped - I tried the best that I could over the years but it clearly wasn't enough.

As you mentioned in your free request about Indexhibit being "amazing" - I wish that more people had truly felt that way and had been willing to support the project financially when it dearly needed it.

People should support amazing things and their creators on the web - or they will be gone tomorrow. I'm still trying to make a future for the project but it's hard to say what will happen...

Simply because I posted this - I will end up getting a bunch of angry email and probably more posts in the forum. People only want to hear that this is somehow easy - and it is absolutely not easy. This is why I have refrained from talking about things for years now but I feel I have no choice anymore - and holding things back, and how depressed all of this made me, only made things worse.

Just read a few of these - this is what people are going through...it's not just me...

https://www.google.com/#q=founder+depression

Edit: yes, as soon as v2.1 is ready you will find us on Github. Maybe one day I'll explain why we weren't there already but note that Github didn't exist when Indexhibit started. Being on Github doesn't mean Indexhibit will find the help it really needs though.

This thread has been closed, thank you.