options.php missing – not?

typopm / 2015-07-26 09:38:26   

Hi!

After years of trouble-free use, I was suddenly unable to upload images onto my site (ollimiettinen.com). The site went completely blank; I can't even log in.

Having enabled php error messages, I got: "Warning: require_once(ndxzsite/config/options.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /.../public_html/index.php on line 11 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'ndxzsite/config/options.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share//usr/share/…') in /.../public_html/index.php on line 11"

However, an FTP connection shows that there was the file ndxzsite/config/options.php, and uploading an older version of that file did not help.

What should I do? I certainly wouln't want to re-install Indexhibit.

Best,
Olli

Vaska A / 2015-07-26 13:38:06   

See if you can download and open the file? It could be corrupt. You need the connection info from the file - then simply add it to a fresh copy of that file (you got when you downloaded the files) and reupload it. It should be ok then...

typopm / 2015-07-26 17:49:44   

Thanks for the response, Vaska.

I can download and open the file that is now on the server, but its contents seem identical to a backup from over two years ago. (Sorry, could not find the original copy that I got when downloading Indexhibit.) I could not figure out what' part is the connection info… Should I send that file to you so you can take a look?

Olli

typopm / 2015-07-27 17:29:29   

OK, I found out that the whole directory structure on my site was odd and ended up deleting and re-uploading the entire /ndxzsite folder. Now everything seems to work.

I just have no idea when the folder structure got messed up. I haven't looked at the site through an FTP connection for ages; I was just uploading images through Indexhibit when I got an error. And then when I logged out, the site went blank… That is, I logically had no chance to mess things up until after the problem appeared.

Olli

Vaska A / 2015-07-27 18:13:57   

Sounds very strange. Honestly, I have in the past uploaded/overwrited files without knowing I was doing that which caused all kinds of chaos - it happens. Always keep an eye on what your FTP tools are doing.

This thread has been closed, thank you.