Internal Server Error (only when trying to editing part of my website)

helenflanaganuk / 2016-10-09 19:26:38   

I get the following information when I try to edit the most recent work on my indexhibit (as in anything of 2016) on my website: helenannaflanagan.com. The following comes up when trying to edit through safari:

'Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.'

Only a week ago I could edit fine (on safari) updating my index pages with new embedded video from vimeo, etc. Now it will not allow me to access the page? What is the reason for this, is to do with my browser, indexhibit, my domain? Maybe a temporary glitch?

Hope you can help. Thank you. Helen

Vaska A / 2016-10-10 21:23:36   

Ask your host if they recently upgraded the server and/or installed or reconfigured mod_security.

mod_security has a bunch of rules that could be causing exactly this kind of problem. The host could check the logs and add the exceptions or simply disable it.

manateen / 2016-12-01 05:31:25   

Vaska, this is still happening for me and many others. ive contacted my hosting and its nothing on their end. some people are able to access my website via direct url, but i am not. do you have any idea why this is happening all of the sudden? (i hope you see this!)

thanks!

Michelle

This thread has been closed, thank you.