Issues installing V 2.1.2

evelynelr / 2017-01-13 02:01:19   

Hi,

I have the same problem described in this thread:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/22716/

I also get the message '?? htaccess not okay' when I install.

I want the website to be in a subfolder
evelynelr.com/sa243/

It looks like it's installed but I have blank pages when I try to access the Admin and Preference sections.

I have 3 other similar websites on subfolders running on older indexhibit versions with the same hosting service and they work fine.

I am not familiar with PHP and I am not sure what I should ask my host or should modify on my cpanel. Any tips are welcome.

Thank you for your help and amazing work!

Vaska A / 2017-01-13 02:12:28   

There isn't much we can do...PHP has changed and we have to accomodate. We play by their rules...it's that simple.

Update your server. Which might break your other sites...you will need to update.

We have to update for these kinds of things...it will be an issue sooner than later for you either way.

evelynelr / 2017-01-13 02:25:15   

Thank you for your quick response! I am basically trying to replicate one of these other sub-websites -- unfortunately I cannot take the risk to update everything right now and break the other sites (of course I am aware I will have to do it one day).

Is there any way I can download an older indexhibit version that would work with my current set up?

Vaska A / 2017-01-13 02:34:46   

You backed up your site, right? Just restore it...

Sooner than later, because PHP 5.3 is 10 years old, you are going to have to update.

This thread has been closed, thank you.