How to unlinked section titles (again...)

pacholak / 2017-02-06 12:41:25   

Hello guys,
ok, here is my website: pacholak.net

I know this topic was discussed here many times. I did research and didn't find any working solution. When I had previous 0.73 version I worked it out with no problem.

After upgraded to 2.1.3 I customised almost everything except linked section titles

My section titles (series, portraits, book and info) are linked to section page. I don't want to have section page nor linked section titles.

The publish/unpublish, hide/unhide solution doesn't work here (whole section with exhibits just disappears).

Thanks for help!
Krzysztof

badalian / 2017-02-22 05:20:34   

I have the same question.

davix / 2017-03-06 16:21:39   
  1. plugin.index.php
  2. change line 490
  3. from:
  4. $section_title = "<li><span id='section_title_" . $this->section['secid'] . "' class='section_title{$active}'><a href='" . $OBJ->baseurl . ndxz_rewriter($this->section['url']) . "' id='section_link_" . $this->section['secid'] . "'>" . $this->section['sec_desc'] . "</a></span>n";
  5. to:
  6. $section_title = "<li><span id='section_title_" . $this->section['secid'] . "' class='section_title{$active}'>" . $this->section['sec_desc'] . "</span>n";
  1. and change your css
  2. #index ul.section span.section_title, #index ul.section span.section_title a {
  3.     cursor: default;
  4. }
arnauddw / 2017-06-05 18:05:32   

I'm having the same question. Thanks David for a solution.

@Vaska: I prefer the old behaviour. Unpublishing a (section) exhibit, hides all exhibits in that section now. Do you have any plans to reverse this?

Vaska A / 2017-06-05 23:36:39   

You can do both now.

You can unpublish a section top page so it doesn't have a link or you can hide the entire secction via Admin > Sections.

saschavanriel / 2017-11-17 17:06:17   

To 'unlink' section titles-
go to "ASSETS"-> Template (default) /style.CSS and look up and change the following rule:

/* styles for the section titles */
#index ul.section span.section_title,
#index ul.section span.section_title a
/* change this rule here*/
{ color: black;font-weight: bold; disabledLink;pointer-events:none}

for mobile you can do the same, though, for finding your mobile style.css, change in your adres-bar 'default' into 'mobile'.
there you can do exactly the same-
look up
/* styles for the section titles */
#index ul.section span.section_title,
#index ul.section span.section_title a
/*change this rule here:*/
{ color: black;font-weight: bold; disabledLink;pointer-events:none}

Vaska A / 2017-11-17 17:13:43   

Thanks Sasha, but the files too look at for this aren't in assets...they are in...

/ndxzsite/$yourtheme/style.css

And you will also find some less common rules for the index in base.css, as well.

sbico / 2018-02-08 22:01:51   

Hi everyone,

I try to find a solution for the linked section title.

in my site sbico.org I use index expand plugin. The index title "Montage" is excluded from the Index Expand plugin so it has a link. I want to remove the link.
I try to unpublish "Montage", but every elements in the section disappear from index.

I try the Sasha solution, but it's not copatible with index expand. If I disable pointer-events other sections don't expand anymore.

Any solution ?

I'm on indexhibit 2.1.5

pacholak / 2020-02-21 10:24:46   

@saschavanriel THX a lot! it works

This thread has been closed, thank you.