I changed the password on Preferences and can't log in again. Problems with Admin Panel.

Engin / 2017-03-06 22:39:23   

Hi there,

hope all is fine

I have 2 main issue going on with my Indexhibit, I will be looking forward to your help as soon as possible.

1. A server guy uploaded the new version of Indexhibit, all worked fine. ( my web site is engintulay.com )

2. I have changed the Password on Preferences section, I confirmed the password but can not login into Indexhibit after that. The login name was ''admin'' and I did not change it.

3. On ''User'' section in admin panel, before I also changed the login name. The user name was my name and surname ( Engin Tulay ) and I only changed the login name there. After that, I lost the admin panel totally.

4. Indexhibit tried to retrieve my password and username by e-mail when attempted to log in many times; but this e-mail never arrived.

Please help me to solve those issues, especially to log in to my indexhibit and having my admin panel back.

I am not familiar with web design area, so please try to explain things like you are talking to 5 years old child; thank you for your understanding.

Thank you very much in advance, I am looking forward to your help.

Regards.

zlnds / 2017-03-13 16:01:52   

Hi,
similar problem, waiting for an email to reset password for /indxzstudio/, but it won't arrive.
Would appreciate any leads to log in again, many thanks!

AmelieFeld / 2018-01-09 17:19:46   

I have the same problem. Every time i change the password, i can't log in again with the new data, so i need to go back to the default username and password with the password reset plugin. and then again, when i change it, i can't log in. the only possibility right now is using the default login data.
+ admin panel is missing as well

I would appreciate some help, because repeating the same procedure the whole time doesn't help me at all...

Vaska A / 2018-01-09 18:05:45   

Something isn't right with the database - things aren't being saved. Or, your host implemented mod_security rules that are preventing things from functioning properly.

1. Ask your host if they are using mod_security and if they could disable it.

2. Check privileges on your database (your host provides these tools). In some cases I have seen hosts where the database user becomes corrupt and you have to create a new one, apply it to the database and then update your config.php.

There are already other threads around here on these same approaches for more info.

This thread has been closed, thank you.